Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
Anyone running one? My buddy just got an AR50 now i have the bug yet i want a SA, would love a m107 but that will never happen LOL.

So i found the bfg 50a and so far everything ive seen says its pretty damn good.

What say the 50cal hive?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm researching 50 BMG guns right now.

I also liked the serbu bfg50a, however, I read too many people having cycling and other issues. This has put me off on the gun. Just search around and you will read about them, too many people having problems.

This is just my take on it. I usually like to avoid firearms when I read too many independent issues. I've made exceptions sometimes and always had the same issues.

I'm thinking of maybe it isn't worth buying a semi automatic. I know it is nice and all but not worth the trouble and price. Buying a cheaper bolt and maybe when the guns get cheaper and improve consider a semi automatic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had mine since August of 2011.  It short stroked on some Argintine ammo when I first got it.  All other ammo worked fine.
After about 50 rounds, the Argintine ammo started cycling fine as well.  I have never had any trouble with the gun.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:19:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: renov8] [#3]
Funny you should ask.......

I am running a Serbu BFG50A, BFG50, and a SU-15 upper GB on another forum.  I posted the info just last night.  The offer is open to anyone, but you might want to get approved on the other site, to facilitate the transfer of information and questions/answers.

I am not sure if the Mods on Ar15 are ok with me posting a link to this GB, so I will ask first, in order to avoid any issues.

The issues brought up about Serbu's Semi auto 50 are in the past.  The cycling issue was due in part to under powered ammo.  Not enough energy to throw the bolt all the way back to engage the next round.  That was also impacted by a spring which Serbu replaced on the Semi as well.  I have a semi and have yet to experience any malfunction at all.  

When you hold one of these beasts in your arms, one can appreciate the attention that was put into crafting this baby.  The bolt is a smooth as butter.

In addition to this GB, we also did a separate Gb for Trigger work on these rifles.  About a dozen guys took advantage of the trigger work and all said it was well worth it.  

At some point we will run the 50 BMG ammo GB.  Need to get this GB up and running before I continue with the others....

If you want some info on this, send me a PM.

Renov8[/span][/span][/span][/span][/span][/span][/span][/span]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The Group buy for these rifles will close at the end of this week.

If you have any interest or questions, let me know....

Renov8
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The Group buy closes at 10:00 PM  EST  tonight.....

Please pm me with any questions....

Renov8
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I do hate to bring a 2 year old post back, but I just have to ask...

So are the newer Serbu BFG50A rifles "good to go" today?  Yea, I guess that 50 bug is starting to bite me again.
All of the posts and videos I have seen are a little old, and I just wanted to try to see what all of the BFG owners are thinking today.
My feeling is that if I get much older, I might not be able to enjoy the rifle due to the recoil (I am a small guy).  So now is the time, if I make my mind up...

AS
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Go research biggerhammer.net
It started about 1990. I was a member and still am.  It is where Mark Serbu's rifles got their start.  They have the old site arcived and the new site is there too. Read and enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:44:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50_Shooter] [#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 2:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top