Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 8:47:41 PM EDT
Ok... I finally found Fed 210m primers... have plenty of powder... plenty of good 7mm bullets on hand....where the heck is the nosler 280AI brass these days? I can fireform from nosler 280 rem brass and have essentially the same brass, but Id really rather keep the headstamp the same

Any Ideas?    Anyone?  (crickets)
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:25:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the places I looked, were out on back order. The only one I see, is one I have never done business with myself, but shows stock.

280 AI Brass
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I got lucky and found some at sportsman's warehouse. They show out of stock now. Until I found some I was loading standard .280 and then fire forming to improve the case, then I would load it into AI. Its a pain and means you have to buy two sets of dies, but its better than cream of wheat everywhere. Also the hornady superformance loads in just standard .280 remington are pretty good. I bought a couple boxes of those and shot them to makes some improved cases. Good luck, I hope you find some brass soon. It's a really fun cartridge to play with.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem with Nosler brass is availability.  Nosler gets a batch and does their "thing".  They ship out back orders and rarely ever have it on the shelf
for purchase of their web site or Pro Shooters Shop.  I have seen 10 months between batches.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Guess its a first world problem  lol!   When I bought my brass  SPS had a decent supply of seconds. I wanted to see exactly how they looked before I bought more. Was thrilled when I got them 2 days later, but that was the last Ive seen for sale (except for the GB sellers trying to get $85-90 a box.)  Got addicted to this silly thing and am  Im running about 6 loads (and everythings looking fine so far) . I have backorders in a couple places and "notify me when available" set up on a couple others so for now I think Ive done everything I can do except wait a bit more. Ill stock up when it resurfaces  lol.

Meanwhile thanks for the responses everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top