Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2016 3:14:39 PM EDT
I would like to handload match quality ammo.  Have been considering setting dies that have a micrometer attached.  Would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the basic Hornady set, but I haven't loaded a single round of 6.5 yet
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Best Value!
Forster Ultra Micrometer Seater
and their FL sizer.  They are sold separately but can be for for about $104.00
One thing Forster will do for small fee is custom hone FL sizers to provide various neck tension.
They do not have a bushing die yet, nor a neck sizer yet.  

Redding offers the mose options, and at a price of course.
Redding Competition Seaters are more expensive, as are the dies.
The National Match set comes with Competition Seater, FL sizer, and a taper crimp die this is a good deal if you want to spend more.

If you want to go to bushing sizer then Redding is the only choice.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
That be true, but the Hornady die a catch all die for 6.5 calibers not dedicated die.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Redding isn't the only neck sizing options. Whidden and Hornady both offer neck sizing dies for the Creedmoor.

I still use the standard set of Hornady dies I got in 2008 when that was all that was made. The FL sizer gives me .002" of neck tension with Hornady brass. which is what I want. I added the micrometer feature to the seater.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:44:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I convert 308 brass so I got the Type-S 3 die bushing set.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#7]
We were talking about NECK DIES in which case there is no specific creedmoor die.
FL sets you bet!

No it's not. It is a Creedmoor specific die.

http://m.hornady.com/store/6.5-Creedmoor-Match-Grade-2-Die-Set/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rn22723:
That be true, but the Hornady die a catch all die for 6.5 calibers not dedicated die.

Redding isn't the only neck sizing options. Whidden and Hornady both offer neck sizing dies for the Creedmoor.

I still use the standard set of Hornady dies I got in 2008 when that was all that was made. The FL sizer gives me .002" of neck tension with Hornady brass. which is what I want. I added the micrometer feature to the seater.

No it's not. It is a Creedmoor specific die.

http://m.hornady.com/store/6.5-Creedmoor-Match-Grade-2-Die-Set/

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the Redding competition set with the appropriate size bushing for whatever size brass that I'm reloading. Great results on my Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought the Lee deluxe set which has a neck and fl sizer along with a Forster micrometer seater.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I recommend Forster Ultra Seater and Forster Bushing Bump Neck Sizing Die.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Redding has changed the Series and Category that 6.5CM and 6M are so the prices are lower so that should be welcome.
Redding has National Match Set for the auto loader crowd.....  Comp Seater, Stand FL Sizer, and Taper Crimp Die (Carbide Expander Ball in sizer)
Redding has Master Hunter Sets that is Comp Seater and Stand FL Sizer
Redding has Premium Die Line..... FL Sizer with Carbide Expander Ball and Stand Seater with Micrometer Seater Plug for Std bullets a (VLD version is extra)
And, they have the Deluxe version FL Sizer with Carbide Expander Ball, Neck Sizer with regular expander ball, and Stand Seater with Micrometer Seater Plug for Std bullets a (VLD version is extra)

Forster has Bump Dies out now, so that is easier on the pocketbook then perhaps Redding Type S Dies
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
How ya liking that micrometer seater on the Hornady?  I'm about to start using mine and was kinda wondering how well it works and if there were any tricks to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top