Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2013 12:54:17 PM EDT
With one deer taken opening day, it sure is nice to just really appreciate the hunt and bask in the experience. Early November in Wisconsin is breath taking, with a collage of colors, the presence of the rut, and the brisk air of a fast approaching winter, it cannot be beat in my opinion. Sitting in the stand you cannot help but to just be in the moment. The golden grasses in the fields gently swaying in the wind, soft crackles as the leafs fall and nestle into the forest floor, and the melody of squirrels and birds hurriedly preparing for the coming of the first snow. There is always that moment sitting in the tree when a single pillar of sunlight pierces the forest canopy and gently settles on your check, bringing about the slightest of smiles and a gentle sigh. You say to your-self this is the answer, the answer to a question I had not known was asked.

Link Posted: 11/10/2013 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice man. I have to take time to appreciate it too. After rushing to my stand after work, forgetting release or locking keys in car it doesnt matter, its amazing to be in nature when the animals dont even know you are there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top