Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 10:21:27 PM EDT
getting ready for my first bow hunt - going to GA in October

Been firearm hunting for few years, deer, hogs, waterfowl and upland, but this year I am taking on bow hunting
I dont have a ready access to the range longer than 30 yards, so I am shooting from my 2nd story home office window down to my backyard - 28-29 yards depending where I stand in the room.  you think this is enough accuracy for taking a shot within 40 yards?

This is from 20 yards:

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd keep it 25-30 yds.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd keep it 25-30 yds.
View Quote

Yup.
Those are decent hunting groups, but they were (probably?) made under ideal conditions at known distances.
Hunting conditions make everything harder, not easier.
(So if you want to hunt ethically shooting at game out to forty yards, get really good at sixty or eighty yards on the target range first.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
here is my latest group - I think I am getting better at this.  time to get practice broadheads and broadhead target and get the bow tuned for broadheads :)

Link Posted: 6/30/2014 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It's good accuracy but see if you can find a 3d course close to your location. I like a target for sighting in and fundamentals but 3d is my practice for hunting. I think the hardest part of archery for me is estimating distance, to make a clean kill shot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
thats a good advice!  I will do so!
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top