Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 5:41:09 PM EDT
My son who will be 9 in two weeks has been into archery the last couple of years.  (Thanks to Indian Guides)

He received a really nice Bear compound bow w/real string for xmas last year (from santa ) and has tried a variety of arrows over the last year between aluminum, carbon fiber (I think) and some types of composite?  I tried reading the arrow but there aren't many marks regarding their makeup, but got them from Dicks, they were $4 each other way I think regardless of what kind.

The carbon, while even though don't break really are heavy & slow while the aluminum ones are light & fast & don't need to adjust the elevation as much because of this.  He prefers the aluminum overall so I would like to order maybe 10+ for his birthday in a couple of weeks.

Any great deals online?

I have realized over the last year that I need to start repairing the arrows since he plans on sticking with the hobby.  I've had feathers, tips & the part you clip on the string all break or come off & instead of throwing these arrows out, I'd like to repair them as it's got to be a lot cheaper compared to constantly buying arrows, which is just part of this hobby for one reason or another (unless you repair)

Can anyone offer a basic arrow repair kit for me to get as well?

What about a straightener for the aluminum arrows, the guy at camp this weekend mentioned that you can fix aluminum ones when/if they get slightly bent.

What are my options?

Also thinking of getting him a wrist quick-release, but the ones I've seen are usually too big for him & are for hunting so have a SUPER hair trigger it seems.  Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Look to see if the length cannot be adjusted - both Scott releases I have can be made to be pretty short.

Also, many have an adjustable sensitivity for the  trigger

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top