Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2014 1:12:41 PM EDT
Looking for a cheap option for the Generation III Gun in a month as I recently heard there is a stage with almost 40 shotgun rounds... So I think I will need a vest or something to hold my shells. Any advice?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
re: cheap... I built a chest rig with a piece of stiff SCUBA webbing and suspended it from an Uncle Mikes LEO suspenders... attached  6 round trays... tied down with a small clip to keep from pulling up when grabbing shells....I have some shoulder problems now, so everything is lower on the belt...

for a NC Tactical match in the 90's (Kyle Lamb has a devious mind) ... had 9 in the gun, 7 on the side saddle, 8 on a 3 Gun Gear arm band, and (3) 6 round trays for a 36 round jungle run... had a Blackhawk shotshell bag with an extra dozen on the belt just in case

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
$8 piece of 1/8" thick kydex cut to 3" x 12", $2 of nylon webbing from army surplus store, and maybe $3 worth of plastic buckles from Army surplus store or Hobby Lobby. Drill and attach whatever caddies you like, attach extra caddies to your belt.

I can currently hold 16 shells on my chest rig on Taccom's new version of the Deuling Deuces, another new version of the Deuling Deuces at belt level on a Tek-Lok, two 8-up Qualoads on TekLoks, Two older versions of the Deuling Deuces on Tek-Loks, two MME 4 shell weakhand caddies. If i take my holster and mag pouches for pistol and rifle off, I can easily carry 64 shells on me, not including the 9 in the gun plus two match savers. Before losing weight I could have probably fit that all on my belt WITH the holster and mag pouches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top