Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2015 8:59:59 PM EDT
Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the forend so the base of it sits flush against the receiver? Every time I tighten the extended mag tube down, it pulls the forend away from the receiver making it harder to quad load. I've beveled the forend to make things easier, but if the forend sat flush against the receiver I think I'd like the setup better. I've also been trying to file the ribs inside the forend to pull the base of the forend closer to the receiver. Has anyone else tried this? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Have seen one with a quarter of an inch cut off the forend for a less intrusive load.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased a Versa Max Competition Tactical for use in multi gun and the fore end was not suitable for quad loading.  You could likely have used the load two method but that is much slower in my opinion.  I started out by trimming off the length of the fore end.  I cannot remember how much but I believe it was less than a half of an inch.  I then beveled the sides down quite a bit and finished them with a polishing wheel to make them smooth.  On the bottom I recessed the fore end and beveled it off.  These modifications allowed me to quad load without any interference from the fore end; however after trimming the stock, I was getting gas and powder particles blown back into my face.  I cured this by using black silicone to seal the back of the stock.  I cleaned the receiver and put on the silicone.  I had oil on the stock as a release agent.  I attached the stock and tightened the magazine cap and wiped off the excess silicone.  After it setup I have a stock that doesn’t wiggle as much and no gas or powder particles in my face.  I’m very happy with the shotgun and I have over six hundred rounds through it without any malfunctions.  Please look at the pictures as they tell a better story of how I modified the stock.

Geof

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, that looks pretty nice! I got really lucky and while mounting a match saver managed to get everything to fit nice and tight because of the nut on the backside of the match saver bolt. I can't figure out how to post pictures or else I'd take one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
RCI does that mod on their guns. The barrel band needs to beilled slightly to pull the forearm
up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, that looks pretty nice! I got really lucky and while mounting a match saver managed to get everything to fit nice and tight because of the nut on the backside of the match saver bolt. I can't figure out how to post pictures or else I'd take one.
View Quote

Same thing happened with the one I just finished.  The washer rides on top of the gas tube and pulls the fore end in. Mount the match saverz right in the curve of the for end.

I'll have to get to a computer tonight before I can upload pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top