Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 1:33:06 AM EDT
I've been using my 870 with an extension for a while now.  I'm at the point where getting an autoloading shotgun will definitely reduce my times.  I'm not amazing yet but I'm much better :)

So, I found a used benelli SBE I (not II) with a wood stock for $650.  I would get an extension and work any other upgrades as needed.

I also have new m3000's available locally for $499, and I've found parts online to upgrade easily as well.

I can also get a franchi affinity for about $600.

I've felt them all, and the franchi and benelli definitely feel 'nicer' in the hand but all fit my body well.  I'm not really concerned with aesthetics

My question is should i jump on the benelli SBE? Or would I be better off going with another gun? I haven't heard a lot about the older SBE-I's and how they would work in 3 gun...hey have a 3.5" chamber and the loading port is nice and large to suit.  I don't know how they shoot or how reliable they are.

The m3000's seem like a great value, but I'm not sure how it'd stack up against the franchi or sbe.

Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
There are quite a few guys shooting Stoegers. It helps the are a few companies making parts for them. I shoot with a few guys that have Stoegers and they like them. I never see SBE I or the Franchi at matches. There are a few pros shooting the Stoeger.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The Franchi  Affinity is hugely overlooked.  It's Benelli's idea of what a Stoeger M3000 should be, and is more compatible in terms of parts you'd want to replace for 3-gun with M2 parts so the built-in aftermarket is bigger.

Check out my video on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3w0auqskDI
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top