Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2014 2:59:00 PM EDT
My Beretta 1201fp (aka Benelli  M1)  lifter seemed to drop down to the bolt locked back position, but there was still a live shell in the chamber and the bolt was closed? This required me to press the bolt release button to unlock the lifter to reload the mag tube.
Normally with a shell in the chamber bolt closed I can just push the shells into the lifter to top off the mag tube.
Is it time for a new shotgun?

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Funny, since my issue with the 1201 I have stalked you on the utube and the BE forum.

I ordered my Stoeger M3K 24 inch and the Nordic +5 tube on Tuesday!

I will see how it runs B4 deciding to send it off to MOA over the winter or not.

Thanks again.

Load 21 in 2 seconds! lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
was the hammer cocked?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Decided to upgrade the 6+1 1201 Beretta to the Stoeger M3000.
24 inch with a Nordic +5 tube and some MOA parts.
Time to go shoot this thing!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe that a lot of shooters of the inertia guns overlook the importance of the magazine spring in the proper cycling of the shotgun... when I first got my M1 some years ago, I just installed a Briley extension, and threw in a new spring for an 1100 that I had been using...it did not like the 28F temperatures of Ft Benning, especially with light recoil slugs....a talk with Mr Benny Hill at the Ft Benning match in 2010 showed me the error of my ways... an ISMI spring 13" longer than the installed length of the tube was needed... I did have to shorten this to 12" to accommodate the slightly longer Fiocchi slugs I prefer to shoot... since then 100%, and a switch to INOX low temp lube, though I haven't needed it here in the 92F temps...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top