Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2014 12:44:17 PM EDT
Anyone over used a Chrorme Bolt Carrier Group? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My first AR (purchased in 97) came with a chrome BCG. At the time I had no idea what it was or why I needed it, it simply “looked cool”

Since then I’ve put thousands and thousands of rounds down range with that rifle and the carrier looks brand new (no wear marks like you see on plain BCG’s).
Its turned into my “beater” rifle, I run mostly wolf through it and it seems a little easier to clean than my other BCG’s.  I don’t worry about scraping the finish from it when I’m chiseling out all the wonderful carbon cheap ammo seems to deposit on it.

I would say the average shooter will probubly never see an advantage from it but, if it’s a high volume rifle or if your lazy about carbon removal the extra $ for the chrome is a good investment.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Easier to clean, won't need as much lube. (although I would still lube the crap out of it) Should be smoother than standard finishes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm... All this time I thought it was my rugged good looks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
If that's that the case Jesse, I guess I need to first figure out my priorities....
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I run a NiB coated Spike BCG. It has about 1600 rounds with no problems.

The biggest advantage is clean up.  I wipe it down with a rag and some CLP and it is clean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top