Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2017 5:31:34 PM EDT
Video below of 6 hogs sneaking up within 15 feet and get laid down for a dirt nap...

6 Hogs sneak up within 15 feet, 3 get laid down for a dirt nap!
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Armasight Flir Predator 336 | 3 Hogs Taking Dirt Naps
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help deerranger!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
that looks so fun! 
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the help deerranger!!!
View Quote
No problem bro, that looks like a lot of fun.
I have killed many hogs but never at night.
Is that your You tube channel?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
"They call us civilized, because we're easy to sneak up on."
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes sir... I post videos weekly.  HansETX is the YouTube channel.  I'd love for ya'll to subscribe if you like Thermal night hunting videos.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes sir... I post videos weekly.  HansETX is the YouTube channel.  I'd love for ya'll to subscribe if you like Thermal night hunting videos.
View Quote
Concider it done.
On this video, which guy are you?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
What is your set up? Scope? Mount? etc?

What rounds are you using?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for subscribing!!!  All I ever wanted to do with this YouTube channel was to make videos that my hunting buddies here in East Texas enjoyed watching...I'm the one in the middle in that picture.  Here's my setup:

Diamondback AR-15
Armasight Flir Predator 336 Thermal Scope
Hornady Full Boar .223 50 grain ammunition

There are no modifications on my rifle.  It's basically right out of the box.  I need to get the trigger polished though.  It's alittle rough and sticky...
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you shoot the video through that great scope?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#11]
The scope has a video output port.  I bought a small video camera and plugged it up directly to the scope.  Pretty cool stuff!  I remember when Polaroid cameras were revolutionary... haha
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The scope has a video output port.  I bought a small video camera and plugged it up directly to the scope.  Pretty cool stuff!  I remember when Polaroid cameras were revolutionary... haha
View Quote
Wow, thats really cool, I would love to have one of those but there is nothing here to hunt at night, we used to coon hunt alot but those days are over.
That camera port is wicked neat feature. Damn man. Maybe I will have to spend a calving season hunting coyotes in Montana at a friends ranch.
That would be a excuse to buy one of those scopes!
In the old days You Tube would take down my hunting videos if they had any blood in them, times must have changed. I lost a bunch of videos for that.
They have me blocked from one of my channels for too many hunting videos with blood. There was a whole army of anti hunters that would report every video I put up.
All attention is not good on the net. Finally gave up on you tube. Some of my old stuff is still up though and I still get a check a couple times a year.
My Kid is a SERIAL KILLER! I caught him! He is a hunter!
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
That video is awesome!!  Thanks for sharing!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not berating the hunter,but the first one he shot was still kicking its leg, I think he should have shot it again instead of letting it suffer IMO POOR HUNTING ETHICS.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Steve, I think I just replied to your comment on YouTube and I agree with you wholeheartedly...  When I shot the first one he dropped immediately and it looked like a quick, clean kill.  By the time that I scanned back I was already out of ammunition.  I always do everything I can to make sure that no animal at the end of my barrel suffers.  Most hog hunters will shoot them in the side so that they will run off and die somewhere else and I hate the idea of that.  So I agree with you...  But I will also say this, at the end of the video you can see that the hog was shot right in the ear and through the brain.  I've shot many hogs that were dead but their bodies were still convulsing.  It's like the chicken that will still run with its head cut off.  But, with all that said, I do agree with you and I go to greater lengths than most hog hunters to make sure that the kill is clean and quick... Best wishes from East Texas.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not berating the hunter,but the first one he shot was still kicking its leg, I think he should have shot it again instead of letting it suffer IMO POOR HUNTING ETHICS.
View Quote
Yeah and I believe a person that believes a hog deserves an ethical death should have to pay for all the damaged property plus physiological damages. And should suffer from some of the diseases that they transmit to domestic livestock.  BVD would be the first I'd choose for someone that feels sorry for a feral hog. But then again we have a sadistic part of society that just plain thrives on other people suffering from monetary loss and damages.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not hunting.  It is eradication.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top