Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 12:34:49 AM EDT
has anyone hunted with a 1-4x24 scope around dusk? im lookin at the trijicon accupower 1-4x24 and 2.5-10x56  both have iluminated crosshair reticles. the only issue i have is i dont have a way to look threw a 1-4x24 scope at night to see how they look and was looking for info on light transmission to see if it was worth it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Generally they are not great.

What are the laws regarding using white light for hogs in FL? A momentary blast of white light would go a long way, even on inexpensive scopes.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Generally they are not great.

What are the laws regarding using white light for hogs in FL? A momentary blast of white light would go a long way, even on inexpensive scopes.
View Quote

A scope mounted red or green light will help, but shy hogs will still bolt. The ATN digital scopes don't cost much more and have the ability to record. Rent one and see if you like it they are advertised as both day and night.  I love my 1 X 4 MK AR but it's not illuminated. Pigs get educated quick and it becomes a race of range at night.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had ZERO issue with using green light. If your just waving it all over the place they are gonna hear you moving or pick up the movement but nice slow movement to illuminate them there hasn't been an issue.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've lit up a lot of hogs using green led flashlights at night and I don't remember any that ran off right away.
The way I used them is to mount them on the gun and turn them on point into the sky and just slowly lower the gun/light on to the hog.  If you have two people together then it's easier as one with the gun points it in the general direction of the hog while the second person turns on the green light while pointed up and then slowly lower it on to the hog.  When the light is bright enough for the guy with the gun to see then he pulls the trigger.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top