Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2015 12:21:56 PM EDT
Went out Monday night and rolled this 275 pound boar with my 14.7" Wilson Combat 7.62x40WT using the Barnes 110gr TTSX bullets made for the 7.62x40WT. Spine was shattered on the boar. Searched quick for the bullet, but was rushing so didn't find it.

275 Boar video

Normally take out the ATV with trailer to hunt, but was almost out of gas so used the truck, didn't like the bend in this lift, but seemed to work

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Most excellent, thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The neck shot just flat anchors pigs.  Nice hog, OP!  Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
That's really cool! My hunting partner just bought the Recon Tactical, 16" upper from them along with dies, and some ammo. "We're" going to play with it and see how "We" like it before I buy the parts to build an upper.

I am really interested in it if I can go sub-sonic too later. Not seeing any shorter barrels with a 1/8 twist for heavier bullets although I did read Noveske made some.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't see any 1:8 twist barrels out there.

If you are shooting super's for hogs, get the Wilson Combat 110gr TTSX bullets made for the caliber, on WC's site, expand better than the 110gr .308 bullet, I've used both. The spine in the hog above was shattered.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The reason I was asking was I've been thinking of going with the .300 Blackout in 8.5" to suppress. Since brass has to be cut and formed I was looking to be able to use the WT in a shorter barrel so we could share in the brass building part for one caliber. I don't shoot any .30 calibers so I'm wondering how would the heavier bullets stabilize with the that twist?

We don't have hogs here so it would be a fun gun, limited hunting for deer, javelina, but with the right load maybe cow elk. He bought some ammo and cases from Wilson and is looking for the 110 TTSX but none are available around here right now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah ok,  I understand.  You'd probably have to go with the 300 to make it easier. I have a 8.5" 300 BO and use it purely subsonic.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top