Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 5:52:02 PM EDT
I am hunting with an Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel on and LMT lower and using an Armasight Zeus 3x 640x512 75mm thermal optic.  I have had the scope for just  about a month and it has worked out well.

These first two vids are taken from about the same place on two different nights when I thought my hunt was over and I was headed back to the truck from the other side of the property.  This is typically the landowner's feeder to hunt as he can actually see it from the front porch of his house, so I hunt the back of the property.

http://youtu.be/N73hReqkpmU

http://youtu.be/dTFHUm9h4H0

This last vid is from my place.  A cellular game camera notified me of a hog being present and so I parked several hundred yards distant and hiked in until I finally found him.

http://youtu.be/5YQotnc4EcU

The Zeus has been a huge improvement over my Pulsar N750 Digisight.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks, I could not get the links to convert.

Still can't.    How did you do it.  Tried copying the link to the "Enter the Youtube URL" box, but the link does not convert to video.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, I could not get the links to convert.

Still can't.    How did you do it.  Tried copying the link to the "Enter the Youtube URL" box, but the link does not convert to video.
View Quote

You have to be a paying member in order for that feature to work.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to be stirring up things, but I am glad to see someone using a Grendel to shoot hogs in TX.  All this time I thought the only thing that would kill them wild hogs (the animals, not the biker gang ) was a well placed shot from a 6.8 SPC! (Now is it SPC 1 or SPC 2, I forget). OK spc fan boys, have at, flame suit on!

Edit: spelling. Yea, i hate autocorrect
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't say that the Grendel is better than the 6.8, but I can say that I have no qualms about its performance, especially with the Hornady 123 gr. SST ammo.  The caliber/round has done very well for me.  Like the 6.8, it has a very moderate recoil and it puts hogs down very well.  I have taken 22 hogs with it since November and have been in no hurry to get back to my Rem 788 bolt gun I used most of last year that performed very well for me, too.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Great job with the videos
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice videos.  

What the hell is the Angry Bird thingy?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice videos.  

What the hell is the Angry Bird thingy?
View Quote

Oh no, you dinnt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top