Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2014 10:24:21 AM EDT
I was supposed to take a hog trip trip to TX the first week of March.  Looking like my connection is going to bail on me.

Is there any good Southren State public land hog hunting available to I can go and do myself, without a guide?  Im thinking GA, VA, NC, SC, KY, TN, AL?  

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#1]
In Florida, hunting anything on public land is restricted to hunting season, only on private land are you allow to shoot hogs all year round.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Ocala national forrest is small game until March 2nd. Legal to take hogs with pistol and shotgun. Not a lot of hogs though. And the weather might be pretty warm. I just went over the weekend. We had a cold front roll through.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I live in Va and I go elsewhere to hunt!

I would not consider VA a viable option
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't waste your time with TN. TN Wildlife has some really stupid laws here!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Though it is very late for your hunt, Tx has some really reasonable guides.  Dehog (on this forum) took us out and we connected and had 2 additional opportunities.  He supplied all the equipment and has several leases.  I intend to use him for part of our next hunt.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Southern Oklahoma has a lot of hogs but I don't know much about public land down there.  I will say we have pretty lenient hog hunting laws here so that's a plus.  Unfortunately, here in central Oklahoma there's not much action on what public land is available and landowners won't let anyone hunt on their property or, if they do, they charge you.  Many of the big ranches and stuff with hog problems have turned them into pay hunt places.  I've lived here most of my life and haven't had an opportunity to hunt hogs since I can't afford to book private ranches.

Sort of a paradox, the landowners complain about the hogs but won't let anyone on to hunt or if they do you have to pay them.  Since the feral pig population is still increasing exponentially I guess there will a lot more complaining going on.  Either way, hope you find a place, I wish I could too for that matter lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top