Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2011 8:37:44 AM EDT
German boars are radioactive, Germany has now forbid the sale of wild boar meat from hunts and is now compensating the people hunters for the meat the are losing. Seems the hogs are suffering the effects of the Chernobyl accident 25 years ago. They say the effects will last another 50 years.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like we need to be shipping feral hog meat to Europe.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have enjoyed some fabulous venison and pork dinners in several Western and Central European countries.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in Germany when Chernobyl popped, does this mean that I'm radioactive too?

Link Posted: 10/8/2011 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was in Germany when Chernobyl popped, does this mean that I'm radioactive too?

You'll be fine as long as you don't eat yourself.
Link Posted: 10/8/2011 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw the drummer from Molly Hatchet do that....

oh, wait......
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
German boars are radioactive, Germany has now forbid the sale of wild boar meat from hunts and is now compensating the people hunters for the meat the are losing. Seems the hogs are suffering the effects of the Chernobyl accident 25 years ago. They say the effects will last another 50 years.

the risk is blown out of proportion, as you can be exposed to similar amounts of radiation from everyday objects you encounter

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_49/333319_Random_Thread.html&page=2

discussed ad nauseum at Waffen Online (German gun forum)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top