Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2013 10:21:47 PM EDT
I'm looking into going on safari in Namibia.  Which outfitters and guide service would you recommend?  I'm most interested in personal experiences.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 2:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC6177] [#1]
Christies
http://www.christiesadv.com.na/index.htm

My dad and I did a two on one for Plains game. We found him through our Taxidermist who had been there a number of times.  Reasonably prices great animals and he has access to a really nice reserve in Koakiland in addition to his beef farm and a number of adjacent farms.  Low fence spot and stalk.  

Link to pics
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_5/660550_Namibia_Oct_2012.html

Very simple but nice living arrangements,  food is fantastic and Christie and his family are very down to earth people.  You will either hunt with him or one of the "journeyman" guides that he brings on when he has more than one set of clients.  He is also a big time Leopard guy.  That is expensive but he has a very high success rate.  We booked directly with him and he gave us an extra two days of hunting.

My dad spent about 25 years guiding hunters in Northern Canada and he is a very picky guy when it comes to selecting guides and can see through bullshit pretty quick.  He was very pleased with the hunt and the experience.

ETA
We originally booked for 2011 and 3 weeks before we were supposed to leave my Dad got hit with a 100 year flood that did crazy damage to his property, a week later I got hit with a 500 year flood that turned my town into a lake.  

We were expecting to have to cancel and eat fees.  My dad called Christie to cancel and he refused to charge us anything, just told us to rebook next year.  That meant a lot to both me and my dad as we had been planning and looking forward this for a few years

SAA did the same thing so despite canceling 2 weeks before we were supposed to go we paid no change fees or penalties.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top