Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2015 4:41:26 PM EDT
Really would like to get a 20 ga SxS shotgun and am looking at the CZ bobwhite. Would like to have double triggers on it.

Are CZ good quality? I have seen pretty good stuff about them. Any other recommendations? Looking around these things are steep in price, not opposed to spending some money, but don't want crap. This gun will be used, a lot. Won't be a safe queen.

Thanks for the help gents.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Mixed reviews with CZ shotguns.  Some guys love them, others have typical Turkish made gun stories.

Keep in mind a quality locking mechanism and properly indexed barrels is not something that is done cheap.  

Define a lot of use.  Carried around a lot or shot a lot.  You probably won't have an issue if all you do is hunt, unless you are shooting doves down in Argentina.  If you are shooting over 50 clays a week and taking it hunting I'd look elsewhere. Don't expect a CZ to live up to quality shotguns.

I'd look for an old bare bones LC Smith before I ever bought a CZ SxS.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a CZ "upland" SxS in 20ga (same as the bobwhite, just without the faux case colors). It worked fine, I couldn't hit anything with it and couldn't get used to the double triggers.

They are on the heavy side, but I think a decent affordable choice. CZ usa will take care of you if it needs to be fixed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah probably carried a lot more than shot a lot. But going out and shooting 100 rds isn't out of the question.

Any other recommended brands for sxs shotguns? Not trying to break the bank but am willing to spend some money on the right gun?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have a cabelas near you, go look at their line of Dickinson side by side shotguns. They have real case colors, and are basically the same guns as the old Smith&Wesson Elite series of SxS's.

They are a great value in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked the Dickinson SxS, online at least. That could be a winner. The downside to the CZ was no ejectors and this one has em and gun looks great in the pics. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Ringneck 28 ga. and it has been a good gun.  No problems and goes bang every time I pull the trigger.  Use it mainly for skeet and preserve quail.  No complaints from me.  Good gun for the price.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
You'll have to find a used one, but look for an SKB 100/150/200/280 or a Browning BSS.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You'll have to find a used one, but look for an SKB 100/150/200/280 or a Browning BSS.

View Quote

Agreed.  SKB's are highly under-rated.  Those old Browning's are hard to find around here...great guns as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a 20ga upland special to hunt rabbits and squirrels. Carries good and shoots good. I've got no complaints, and I don't have to worry about scratching up a high priced double hunting with it. The screw in chokes make it versatile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top