Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2014 9:41:24 PM EDT
Unfortunately it was on the last day of the regular season, but I tend to get out more for the extended seasons anyway.

I only got out twice this fall for grouse. Went once two weeks ago during the week with a friend; didn't see a thing. I think conditions were just wrong, it was windy and we were walking on very crunchy snow. This past Saturday I was out for about an hour in the same area. Had six flushes, got the first one with two shots. Got one hopeless shot at the second and nothing on the rest. Great day though.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
King of the upland game birds.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
They sure are hard to see on the ground.  I flushed at least 30 birds this year, only killed one.  Delicious.  Early winter here ended my season.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They sure are hard to see on the ground.  I flushed at least 30 birds this year, only killed one.  Delicious.  Early winter here ended my season.
View Quote

Break those snow shoes out and hunt the fir trees...you will have a ton of success.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Tasty.

I love the the little mountain chickens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top