Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 11:22:14 AM EDT
I'm getting an itch for an auto-loader and may end up buying one this season. Not really looking to go over 1500 dollars

Anybody pick one of these up? How are they? Anything comparable?

My brother bought a Versa-Max and love's it, but I have yet to shoot it
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a Benelli fan all the way but find the Vinci hard to want.
I have a Super Black Eagle II & an M2.
If you only shoot 3", check out the  M2. It's my favorite of the two.
A breeze to dismantle fully and clean too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really a Benelli fan, prefer a smoother shooting shotgun such as my older Browning Gold or newer Maxus. But was fondling a Super Vinchi last night and that gun is calling my name. Looking like I'm going to get it this week.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the Vinci and Super Vinci and have shot them pretty much exclusively for all bird hunting for the last few years. They are great guns, light enough for pheasant hunting but don't beat me up for waterfowl.  If it fits you, it is a perfect all-around shotgun. The in-line bolt design is simple to clean and eliminates the weak point of other Benelli models: the recoil spring in the stock. I have not experienced the famous Benelli click with either of my Vincis. Both the 3" and 3.5" model will cycle cheap 1oz target loads without issue.

The 3.5" Super Vinci has some design improvements over the standard Vinci. The SV is squared off on the rear of the trigger guard and has an over-sized safety. The standard Vinci has a rounded rear of the trigger guard and many people have complained of the middle finger of their trigger hand being hit by the guard under recoil. I experienced this early, but slightly adjusted my grip and it is no longer a problem. The two models are dimensionally very similar though, with the SV being just a little longer in the forearm area. Both guns are within an oz of 7lbs.

To directly compare the Vinci to the Versamax:  Gun fit not withstanding, the remington will likely shoot softer because of its gas operating system and the fact that it is quite a bit heavier (closer to 8lbs than 7lbs). The VM is most at home in the duck blind or goose pit.  The Vinci will handle better and be more versatile at the expense of a little more felt recoil. The Vinci is just as at home in the dove or pheasant fields as it is in the duck blind.

Standard Vinci with 26" barrel on the left, Super Vinci with 28" barrel on the right. Extended choke is a Briley Light Modified, I use it for everything except late season geese and it is about perfect.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both the Vinci and Super Vinci and have shot them pretty much exclusively for all bird hunting for the last few years. They are great guns, light enough for pheasant hunting but don't beat me up for waterfowl.  If it fits you, it is a perfect all-around shotgun. The in-line bolt design is simple to clean and eliminates the weak point of other Benelli models: the recoil spring in the stock. I have not experienced the famous Benelli click with either of my Vincis. Both the 3" and 3.5" model will cycle cheap 1oz target loads without issue.

The 3.5" Super Vinci has some design improvements over the standard Vinci. The SV is squared off on the rear of the trigger guard and has an over-sized safety. The standard Vinci has a rounded rear of the trigger guard and many people have complained of the middle finger of their trigger hand being hit by the guard under recoil. I experienced this early, but slightly adjusted my grip and it is no longer a problem. The two models are dimensionally very similar though, with the SV being just a little longer in the forearm area. Both guns are within an oz of 7lbs.

To directly compare the Vinci to the Versamax:  Gun fit not withstanding, the remington will likely shoot softer because of its gas operating system and the fact that it is quite a bit heavier (closer to 8lbs than 7lbs). The VM is most at home in the duck blind or goose pit.  The Vinci will handle better and be more versatile at the expense of a little more felt recoil. The Vinci is just as at home in the dove or pheasant fields as it is in the duck blind.

Standard Vinci with 26" barrel on the left, Super Vinci with 28" barrel on the right. Extended choke is a Briley Light Modified, I use it for everything except late season geese and it is about perfect.

<a href="http://s259.photobucket.com/user/77DORR/media/Vincis/DE7412D2-F7F7-48A2-A3E7-1869B7CD3C96_zpspnx0qh4w.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh311/77DORR/Vincis/DE7412D2-F7F7-48A2-A3E7-1869B7CD3C96_zpspnx0qh4w.jpg</a>

View Quote

Impressive review!

I picked up a Vinci last Wednesday in time for the weekend hunt. Killed a Gold Eye and a Buffle Head with it. Season is still slow here, but it's light and shoots like a dream.

Well worth the price paid
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top