Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2014 2:01:55 PM EDT
This season I filmed my entire turkey season using the old fashioned way of using a rimfire rifle instead of a shotgun. In Florida it is legal to use all firearms while turkey hunting on private land. As my video shows, using a rimfire has some special challenges. The kill distance is the same as a shotgun (50 yards or under) but shot placement is a lot harder. Also, rifles are more fickle than shotguns, especially the Remington 597 I was using. Nonetheless, I killed my first turkey with this same gun nearly a decade ago. I thought I'd bring it out of retirement for this season.

I didn't make any kills, but I had a clean miss, a dud shell, and a gobbler breed my decoy, all on video. Enjoy:

Link Posted: 5/7/2014 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish we could use a rifle here - I have a 22Hornet I'd love to give it a try with.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Great footage and awesome camera skills.  Did you make that decoy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top