Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 4:40:41 PM EDT
First of all, I'd like to say I'm brand new to this section of the website so i hope I'm posting this correctly and thanks to all in advance.
I have been asked by my boss to find a nice($2000-$3000) "turkey" shotgun for one of our salesmen who is retiring. I don't hunt but am familiar with the nicer names(benelli;browning;beretta,win.,rem.,franchi). My boss would like for the gun have a nice case with one or the other engraved. Anybody have any thoughts, maybe  someone who makes custom cases or does great engraving. It looks to me that most "turkey" guns are camo so I;m going to have to nail my boss down on whether he wants a camo gun or a nice walnut stock,engraved receiver gun. Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
$2k is alot to spend on a turkey gun. I shoot a Remington 11-87 12 ga 3.5" he will spend about $800-900 for one. Nice gun, took a turkey at 45 yards with mine.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Pure turkey gun for that kind of cash?  You can get a tricked out Super Black Eagle, Versa Max, or Beretta of your choice for $1400-$2000.

I guess if he just wants to drop a ton of cash tell him to buy a caesar guerini, Beretta SP 2 or better, a Beretta 627 with nicer engraving would fit the bill if he is into SXS's.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Browning Superposed ?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Super Black Eagle would be my choice for that kind of money.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
870 with a super full choke and a lifetime supply of ammo.

That is one hell of a budget for a woods gun, it's not like duck hunting either where you might want a fast auto loading follow up, I have rolled every turkey I have shot at with one shell.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Just got back from a turkey hunt with mine, love that gun!
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

for that money, id step up from SBE to SuperSport!

Link Posted: 5/8/2014 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my SBEII is going for its first hunt tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for that money, id step up from SBE to SuperSport!

http://www.benelli.it/sites/default/files/contenuti/arma/zoom/Italian/09_supersport_0.png

Great gun.  But I am not so sure I would want that sitting with me in the turkey blind.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Why not just buy him a 535 and a gift card?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top