Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2016 5:16:33 PM EDT
First cat ever-2nd 1 I have even seen in the woods, got him turkey hunting this morning, pretty dang excited about too!!

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice cat, I've got a few on trail cam, but never see them when hunting deer.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice

I only see them in the wild around the PHX / Scottsdale area when we are golfing.

They are pretty common in the desert area and are drawn to the golf course areas due to their prey ( mostly rabbits ) being drawn to the green grass - water areas of the golf course.

Guessing I have seen maybe couple dozen adults and a few litters of pups / kittens whatever they are called.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Why'd you kill a trophy instead of a nice game animal.

I don't really care (not PETA brigade) but if they're so rare why did you feel compelled to kill it?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't really care (not PETA brigade) but if they're so rare why did you feel compelled to kill it?
View Quote
Well Nancy, they're not exactly rare, you just don't see them.  If you don't care why ask? If you have to ask you don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well Nancy, they're not exactly rare, you just don't see them.  If you don't care why ask? If you have to ask you don't get it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just curious what compels a man to say, I never see this in my area damn what a beautiful creature. Let's shoot it and stick It on my wall then run off to the Internet and brag about it.

They're abundant in TN, if someone from my AO had shot one I'd say nice kill!

That doesn't make me a pussy. Try harder next time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get plenty of pics of them at night, they are pretty elusive, and I wanted a trophy- it is being mounted and the taxidermist is saving the backstraps for me as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm just curious what compels a man to say, I never see this in my area damn what a beautiful creature. Let's shoot it and stick It on my wall then run off to the Internet and brag about it.

They're abundant in TN, if someone from my AO had shot one I'd say nice kill!

That doesn't make me a pussy. Try harder next time.
View Quote

Im not far from you- its not like I killed an endangered species.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool cat.  It is good to bring something different home from time to time.  I wish you well finding the right taxidermist for the specific critter.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice! I got my first one too this year! Fiancé said she saw one crossing the road and I didn't believe her, well, I do now! lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top