Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2016 12:12:17 PM EDT
Just discovered a bobcat on my property.  Going to pick up a tag tomorrow. Anything I should know? Clean it like a regular animal (deer, elk)??? I'm also tempted to get it mounted (it's big and beautiful).. anything I need to consider if I get it mounted? Thanks

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good eating.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just discovered a bobcat on my property.  Going to pick up a tag tomorrow. Anything I should know? Clean it like a regular animal (deer, elk)??? I'm also tempted to get it mounted (it's big and beautiful).. anything I need to consider if I get it mounted? Thanks

View Quote

Like a deer or elk?  Youll probably screw up the pelt.

Look on youtube for skinning procedures.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Or.. if your getting out mounted,  take it in whole
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
i don't know where you are from, but in NE we can't hunt Bobcat until Dec.  if you are looking to sell the pelt, wait for the fur to prime up.  don't clean it in a traditional sense.  you can sell it whole to a furbuyer.  you could get +$100 on carcass depending on size, spots, market price, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I just froze mine whole and took it to the taxidermist.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Skin it out right. Lots more detail work in skinning out a bob cat then pealing a deer.

Take it whole to your taxidermist if you decide on mounting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top