Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2015 11:15:42 AM EDT
I've got some Cabelas gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, and I was thinking about buying some new camo.  Right now I'm wearing a multicam top, and DCU bottoms.  I'm thinking about getting something a little less military looking, but I'm not sure what's a good commercial pattern.

What are you guys using right now?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Snow camo by walls right now
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Realtree, Mossy Oak, MultiCam, woodland, chocolate chip, or whatever else is laying around if I need camo.  Though for Small Game & Trapping, I generally wear whatever I have on at the time - trapping is pretty commonly coveralls and rubber boots though.  As for a favorite pattern to just be a hip, stylish redneck tromping around town, I'm a fan of Realtree Xtra Green.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I should have said, I wear this for predator hunting, not just on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:41:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Checkout noxious camo! Sick!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Derp!

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
A-TACS AU
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
whatever else is laying around if I need camo.
View Quote

LOL, someone made fun of me a few years back when I posted a pic and me and a turkey: I was wearing Trebark: that I've had since the '80s.

Most of my stuff is older, but the deer/turkeys/waterfowl don't seem to care.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I use kryptek and muticam depending on the weather
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Multicam BDUs (top and bottom).

They offer excellent concealment in my hunting grounds year round (well, except when there's snow).

I am of the opinion, however, that being still is almost as good as the best camo with regards to hunting.

If you're not moving/twitching you're not a threat.

As I read in America's Greatest Game Bird, when asked how he was so successful in turkey hunting, the plantation game guy said "I outquiets 'em"
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've got some Cabelas gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, and I was thinking about buying some new camo.  Right now I'm wearing a multicam top, and DCU bottoms.  I'm thinking about getting something a little less military looking, but I'm not sure what's a good commercial pattern.

What are you guys using right now?
View Quote

For your area: King's Desert Shadow
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#11]
i hae been wearing this for dusk/night yote hunting.

The coat has a see-thru viel in the hood, many pockets for storage. Pants hae waterproof nylon on front of the legs. not bad for twenty bucks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I use mostly military BDU type camo because I have a lot of it and it's durable and gets the job done. But if you want to look less military, then King's Desert Shadow or Realtree AP. Kryptek is great, especially Highlander, but it's not necessarily less military looking, even though it was designed for hunters.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I have good luck with multicam for predator and deer in the Dakotas, matches spring and winter colors great.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Natural Gear and Natural Gear SC2.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Mossy oak breakup is my favorite.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Kryptek Highlander bottoms, and kings desert shirt
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Natural Gear and Natural Gear SC2.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#18]

French fry camo is best camo
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Mossy Oak Break-up is great for Wisconsin.  Especially good in Fall & Winter, but can be worn year round.  

RealTree Advantage is good  in the Spring & Summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top