Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 3:41:41 PM EDT
Do lots of bunny and ground squirrel shooting but have only been out for predators a few times. Buddy who is quite involved in the coyote game invited me to go with him last week. I've been a few times with him over the years but never got to down one myself. That changed last week.

He took one on the first stand at 50 yards with a shotty (3" magnum). I didn't even see her till the shot.
I got mine on stand 5. First shot rolled him (back right leg). Quick follow up shot through the left eye at 75 yards.

I'm hooked!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Well done!

Fun as hell, isn't it? Now, do it in the DARK!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
ARFCom needs a LIKE button.
Well done gentlemen.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Great pic.

Night shooting sounds great. Have had my eye on a pvs14 at tnvc for for a while. Need to pull the trigger and get a peq2 or similar as well.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great pic.

Night shooting sounds great. Have had my eye on a pvs14 at tnvc for for a while. Need to pull the trigger and get a peq2 or similar as well.

View Quote

I highly recommend it. I got basically all of my night vision gear from TNVC. That pic is from last year with my TNV/PVS-14 and DBAL I2. That rifle now has an ATPIAL-C and I just got a BNVD-SG from them a week ago and i'll be taking that out soon. Night time is the right time!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice song dog, OP!

I really enjoyed yote hunting in Alaska where the fur makes it worthwhile to skin and keep the hides. Here in FL, I just kill'em and throw'em in the landfill- buncha mangy critters, I tell ya.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice work!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats,  it's as  addicting as  brd
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Well done gentlemen.
View Quote
+1 nicely done!

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice job!  And you will enjoy doing it in the dark!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats! As others mentioned it appears to be a blast at night as well, sadly, I don't know, because Alabama only allows it with a depredation damage permit, which I don't have cause for.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well done gentlemen.
View Quote

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top