Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2017 10:06:47 AM EDT
What can yall share / use when looking for a new lease?  

I've been on the same lease for two years now.  My buds have abandoned me and have not been able to find anyone to replace them. I have asked the rancher whom I lease from if he has any smaller properties he might be able to get me on by myself for a higher rate l, but he doesnt seem to be interested.  

So, here I am.  Bow season starts in 2 mos and I dont have a place to hunt lined up.  

I've been asking around everyone I know who hunts.  No one has an open spot on theirs and I've heard zip on rumors of an open spot.  

So, what resources do I have left?  Any online resources?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What can yall share / use when looking for a new lease?  

I've been on the same lease for two years now.  My buds have abandoned me and have not been able to find anyone to replace them. I have asked the rancher whom I lease from if he has any smaller properties he might be able to get me on by myself for a higher rate l, but he doesnt seem to be interested.  

So, here I am.  Bow season starts in 2 mos and I dont have a place to hunt lined up.  

I've been asking around everyone I know who hunts.  No one has an open spot on theirs and I've heard zip on rumors of an open spot.  

So, what resources do I have left?  Any online resources?
View Quote

I assume you are looking in Texas? What area of the state do you want to hunt in?

Being you are a bow hunter, I would Highly suggest you look into Joining www.texasbowhunter.com. There are leases that pop up there all the time. That is how I found my lease several years back. It is by far the best hunting site I have found for finding leases.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, TX.  Would really prefer to stay within an hour if where I live (Abilene)
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Being a transplant here in TX, I was shocked when I find out how much people pay to lease land to hunt.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
My lease is North of Abilene, close to Rotan. Unfortunately we don't have any openings at this time, but if you check out that website, leases come available all the time. Some are around the Abilene area.

If I hear of any openings on anything I will let you know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Being a transplant here in TX, I was shocked when I find out how much people pay to lease land to hunt.
View Quote
Yea, pretty much here in Texas you have to pay to play, and you definitely get what you pay for here too. The is just a lack of public land available out here. That said, there are good places to hunt public land, and I do for small game mostly, but during deer season it's crawling with other hunters.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like Wisconsin.

With a little research you should be able to find some hunting land. Good luck OP!
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My lease is North of Abilene, close to Rotan. Unfortunately we don't have any openings at this time, but if you check out that website, leases come available all the time. Some are around the Abilene area.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks bud!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top