Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2015 11:59:10 AM EDT
My fever is getting pretty high, and my nights are becoming more and more sleepless.  I still have 6 weeks to gun season, then 9 weeks of loneliness in the blinds.  Best time of year IMO.

So I took a quick snap of some kit with the mounts we added from last season.  (Both far right)

If you have some anxiety over the up coming season and feel a nice release, or perhaps just add more anxiety by fingering your toys and day dreaming, feel free to post up your coping habits, pics, or whatever here.

Good luck to everyone, and peace out!

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I hunt hogs pretty much rest of the year.
Keeps me occupied.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hogs are absolutely a lot of fun to hunt.  My buddies and I went consistently a couple times a month at night.  However, I went back to college 18 months ago and have not had the opportunity to join them much at all.  

I do still however go with them as often as I can chasing the coyotes.  Last year we noticed a much higher population of fawns, this year we have more fawns than we have ever seen on our cameras.  Chasing the yotes has obviously helped us out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That picture is pretty damn creepy. You may want to seek professional help.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I still have 6 weeks to gun season, then 9 weeks of loneliness in the blinds.  Best time of year IMO.
View Quote

I got my stand in the car, my bow by the door, and my hunting clothes freshly washed in scent away.  Bow season starts tomorrow and doesn't close until February.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I had to sit out last year because every time I planned a trip one of kids were sick or something else came up. But I'm ready, made load choices for the rifles and made sure all optics are dialed in. Hope that cold weather starts rolling in soon!
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking about checking the zero on the old .338 this weekend or next. Might have a touch of the fever. Missed out on last season completely, don't intend to this season. Just over 7 weeks until gun season starts...
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I start scouting and setting up cameras around this time. Also start trying to figure out what rifles and loads to use this time around.

Looks like I may get to hunt a few new properties this year, some with exotics. I'm excited about that.
The place I've been hunting for the past few years is being sold but they are keeping a couple hundred acres and I've moved my feeders and stands to it. That section hasn't been hunted for a good while and I'm hopeful about it. I see deer everytime I've scouted it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I start scouting and setting up cameras around this time. Also start trying to figure out what rifles and loads to use this time around.

Looks like I may get to hunt a few new properties this year, some with exotics. I'm excited about that.
The place I've been hunting for the past few years is being sold but they are keeping a couple hundred acres and I've moved my feeders and stands to it. That section hasn't been hunted for a good while and I'm hopeful about it. I see deer everytime I've scouted it.
View Quote

That will be a cool experience.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm excited about it. Depending on how things work out I may have a chance at axis, blackbuck, aoudad and possibly fallow. Of course that would be overwhelming on the taxidermy bills. I really need to fill the freezer more than anything.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 1:06:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel your pain.
btw, I saw the pic, and knew those were Texas deer. Very distinctive antlers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#11]
TODAY is opening day of bow season here and I'm stuck at work.
I'm "Jonesing" like a crack addict..........
My Mathews is calling my name from home.........
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Our bow season has been in almost 3 weeks, but I haven't been able to go. It's on this weekend. I may as well have called in sick because I've been pretty much worthless.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Our bow season has been in almost 3 weeks, but I haven't been able to go. It's on this weekend. I may as well have called in sick because I've been pretty much worthless.
View Quote

Been there!  At least I am not the only one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Went and confirmed zero with a few of the rifles and ammo I plan to hunt with yesterday. They are good to go. I spent part of last night and this morning reblueing my A-bolt in 30'06 so I need to re zero that then all my rifles will be ready....except my 308.....it's always something.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Today I got my packs ready, swapped out my FoxPro and rabbit decoy for the rattling antlers and grunt call.

This coming week I should be mounting up another scope (Vortex HST 4-16) on my bolt gun, then off to the range.  

It's almost time.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I am all ways ready to go deer hunting.   My guns stay ready to.    I’m always doing a little shooting with my so called deer rifles (AR15’s, LR308”s) throughout the year checking out the scopes making sure they are where they need to be.   The only thing I need to do and I have plenty of time to do it is get my propane bottle refilled for my heater and put up a new solar panel for the refrig.  Other than that everything else is done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top