Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2015 4:36:59 PM EDT
I thought I'd stock up on the end of season sales.  Which would be better to buy now for next fall, corn or pellets?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd get both
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I feed creep feed..mixed with a little corn. there is really no difference in the product of creep vs deer specific feed.

I feed corn sparingly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Will bugs get into pellets as bad as they do corn?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
3 years ago I tried a blend of corn and pellets. Smelled like burnt corn outside and the klunkers were larger. Add to that the fact my wife was mixing a batch by hand   and found the corn was infested with worms... we won't be using corn again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3 years ago I tried a blend of corn and pellets. Smelled like burnt corn outside and the klunkers were larger. Add to that the fact my wife was mixing a batch by hand   and found the corn was infested with worms... we won't be using corn again.
View Quote

our Corn doesn't last that long..emptied in a week.
our Creep does very well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will bugs get into pellets as bad as they do corn?
View Quote

They can get into pellets.  Unless you have some place like a walk in cooler to store feed rodents and weevils will make a mess out of it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It depends on if the corn supplier has wheat weevils.  If I ever have any left over corn at the end of the season I throw it out asap.  

A few years ago i had about 5 100lbs bags that I said I would just keep till next year.  Well it didn't end well.  My house had wheat weevils everywhere and the bags were almost moving as there were so many in the bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top