Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 9:39:03 PM EDT
I was cruising craigslist today and found a like new tree lounge deer stand for $200.

Just met the guy, looked it over and was happy to pay it.

For those who don't know they were made here in Georgia. The company finally closed last year.

And is the most comfortable climbing stand ever made. (Yes I know they are heavier then a lot of stands but the comfort makes up for it)

Figured I would share......

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I hunted from a borrowed one a few times.  They can only be matched for comfort by a box blind.  Makes all day hunting a breeze.

Good for you, and good luck.

Just made me think, I have the old VHS tape they made with Dean Durham hunting out of that thing all the time.  I should go watch to get ramped for our opener tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:46:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I was lucky enough to buy one back in 99 at an outdoor show in Alabama. I had a bunch of their VHS hunting shows as well.  I love hunting out of that stand despite its weight.  Sadly it does not get much use up her in AK.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Love mine.  After my brother tried it he bought one as well.  Once saw an ad of a variation, attached and climbed in the same manner but was like sitting in a chair rather than reclining.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:50:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, didnt know they went out of business.
Always meant to get one of their stands but never got around to it.
Loved the redneck hunting club vid as a kid.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
One of the newer versions with all of the bells and whistles just sold on ebay for over $630.
Glad I got one from my old taxidermist for sub $300 back in the day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
You can sleep better in a Tree Lounger than any other hanging stand I've used.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn, didnt know they went out of business.
Always meant to get one of their stands but never got around to it.
Loved the redneck hunting club vid as a kid.
View Quote

Yes apparently the owner sold it, then the new owner ran it into the ground and they got it back. (I'm sure it was because of some owner financed payment deal because the article I read said they received it back when the new owner filed for bankruptcy)

Then the husband passed away and the wife ran it for a little while. Finally closed last spring I believe. And the wife is still active in the Safari Club hunting association.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
My friend has and uses one all the time.  Without question the most comfortable stand I have EVER been in.
That said, You really cant move around alot so the deer had better come in from the expected direction.  We
put some xtra safety straps under the seat part because I just dont trust everything all the time.

We set ours up and use climbing sticks to get in/out  F Climbing with it.  Its really heavy and a bitch to use every day.
Build or make a wood "wedge" to adjust angle at elevation.  Also heavily invest in amphetamines or gallons of coffee to
bring with you.  There is no way you CANT fall asleep in it.  It' s like being in a Laz-y-Boy recliner up in a tree.
Bring a quilt and a hoagie/Sub/Muffalata sandwich and you are set for the day.  I know we've missed deer from it
because we were asleep up there.  Virtually every time I walk up to my friend up there he is snoring and fast asleep.

They also made a 4 VHS tape set demonstrating the stands use.  By far the best kill videos Ive ever seen.
60- 100 shots per video and no segment longer that 15 seconds...We watch them every opening day eve
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My friend has and uses one all the time.  Without question the most comfortable stand I have EVER been in.
That said, You really cant move around alot so the deer had better come in from the expected direction.  We
put some xtra safety straps under the seat part because I just dont trust everything all the time.

We set ours up and use climbing sticks to get in/out  F Climbing with it.  Its really heavy and a bitch to use every day.
Build or make a wood "wedge" to adjust angle at elevation.  Also heavily invest in amphetamines or gallons of coffee to
bring with you.  There is no way you CANT fall asleep in it.  It' s like being in a Laz-y-Boy recliner up in a tree.
Bring a quilt and a hoagie/Sub/Muffalata sandwich and you are set for the day.  I know we've missed deer from it
because we were asleep up there.  Virtually every time I walk up to my friend up there he is snoring and fast asleep.

They also made a 4 VHS tape set demonstrating the stands use.  By far the best kill videos Ive ever seen.
60- 100 shots per video and no segment longer that 15 seconds...We watch them every opening day eve
View Quote

I watched a couple of those videos on youtube after reading this thread.

Sure, you are secure when sitting in the thing, but if you have to twist in any direction the guys in the video were putting their hip right on the outer edge of the thing !  And they weren't using any body harness'.  They weren't using any fall restraints at all.

That's foolish to say the least.

Hell, my Summit 180 is more safe if you have to make a shot behind you or to your 'off' side.  And I use a body harness.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can sleep better in a Tree Lounger than any other hanging stand I've used.
View Quote

That is why I stopped using a Tree Lounge, I couldn't stay awake.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:14:11 AM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine got one of those. He hunted from it a few times. The weight finally caused him to sell it.

The part where you actually get into the thing after climbing on it seemed kind of dangerous. I guess it couldn't have been as bad as it looked or the old farts that invented it couldn't have done it.

Looks comfy for all day sitting. If you can pee in a bottle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A friend of mine got one of those. He hunted from it a few times. The weight finally caused him to sell it.

The part where you actually get into the thing after climbing on it seemed kind of dangerous. I guess it couldn't have been as bad as it looked or the old farts that invented it couldn't have done it.

Looks comfy for all day sitting. If you can pee in a bottle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I'm on a 3 day hunt as I type this. And usually plan to sit all day from dawn to dusk. Have my trusty empty Gatorade bottle all ready in the pack.

And so far so good. Been in it for about two hours and already trying to nap. Lol
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I got one at an outdoor show, when the guy selling it had me try it out on his aluminum pole it was sitting on.  You could climb a few feet up in it, just to get the feel of it.  What cinched the deal was when he had me sit on one of the outside rails, hook my feet under the opposite rail and lean back off the side of the rail I was sitting on.  It didn't move an inch.  Its the only stand I have ever used, that didn't shift or move when I lean off to see around the tree I am in.
I do have the bowhunter foot attachment, so getting in and out is easy.  I actually stick my pack in the foot section and climb up and down with it in there.  In position, I hang the pack off the knobs and everything is within easy reach.  I stay in it all day at times.
It is easily the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in.  Or slept in.  I would say that's the biggest fault, the comfort.  Warm sun shining on you and off to sleep you go.  

As for peeing off the stand, I walked in one afternoon, and watered a stump next to the tractor path about 100yds from the stand.  Not two hours later, 6 does wandered down the same path I walked in on, and one of them went over to the stump and sniffed it.  She wasn't alarmed at all.  I was able to see them from the stand.  After that, I started just going off the stand, taking care not to pee on the tree or let it blow onto the stand.  I have shot several deer within 50yds or less of the stand, no matter how recently I have had to relieve myself.
I guess being in a populated area makes a difference, might be more of an issue in less traveled areas.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#14]
No doubt that the lounge is not made for humping back up into the woods, even with the wheel kit.
I put mine up a week before the bow season starts and I leave it up until the last day of the season or until I am tagged out.
The stand sucks for bow hunting even with the bow hunting adapter but I would not use one or buy one that did not have it as it lets you stand up to stretch.
It allows you to stand up and turn around and work your harness etc

I have the luxury of having it on private property and have never had someone mess with it or steal it thankfully.
It is a little more difficult to transition from climbing to seated but once seated there is no other stand that exists that is more comfortable.
If you are heavy or a little out of shape making shots behind it a little more difficult but the other benefits far outweigh the few shortcomings.  

Heck I even got stuck in one overnight when I forgot to strap the foot climber to the stand, first time using it .
I had to slide down the tree the next morning while making sure my harness slid along with me. Had I slipped I most likely would
have spun around and died hanging there as I was way up in state land with not another human in shouting distance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top