Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 7:50:03 PM EDT
hey whats everyone. got some questions for you. since it will be my first time hunting in SD, any recommendations as far as clothing? i dont want to over pack. what do you recommend to stay warm? i usually hunt GA and i stay warm with with an under armour compression base layer, shirt, pants and jacket. suggestions? i know layering is the key, but what kind and where should i look for stuff without breaking the bank. i am going mid Nov. thanks again everyone
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
hey whats everyone. got some questions for you. since it will be my first time hunting in SD, any recommendations as far as clothing? i dont want to over pack. what do you recommend to stay warm? i usually hunt GA and i stay warm with with an under armour compression base layer, shirt, pants and jacket. suggestions? i know layering is the key, but what kind and where should i look for stuff without breaking the bank. i am going mid Nov. thanks again everyone
View Quote

Advice you never know what the weather will be like could get a sunburn one day frost bite the next. In Nov that the time of year that in the Dakotas it can turn nasty go to weather.com type in the zip code or name of the town and check the Monthly weather it will allow you to go to the next month and you will see the averages around me I'm in North Dakota near Bismarck Hi 48-32 degs Lo 28-14 degs depending on how late in the month you come also try to find out how windy it is because even at 48 degs if that wind is blowing you will feel colder then it being 14 degs and no wind. In some area the wind is really really bad! Also wool is your friend out here because it can rain even wet it will keep you warm do not wear cotton as you can see by the temp it can kill you!

Have any questions shoot me IM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top