Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2014 2:54:15 PM EDT
I have four. Rifle, bow, crossbow, and shotgun. I am hoping to add pistol and muzzleloader to the list this year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have four. Rifle, bow, crossbow, and shotgun. I am hoping to add pistol and muzzleloader to the list this year.
View Quote

8 ways

Rifle
Muzzleloader
Pistol
Shotgun
Bow
Knife (Tackled a wounded one and stabbed it in the head)
Car
Tire Iron (Knocked a car hit deer over and brained it with a tire iron)
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
With a .308 Ruger and a Toyota Tacoma.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Rifle.
Pistol to the head from 10 ft. because people cant shoot.
Ar15 to the head in the dark at 70 yds after tracking blood for 2 miles.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty much just maim with vehicle and finish off with a handgun.

Oddly enough, smoking Marlboros and doing jumping jacks to avoid freezing to death does not attract them when hunting.

Which is why I quit hunting.

Well, that and the snoring.

And the farting.

And the drunkenness.

And needing a lawyer to explain the game laws.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Rifle, several dozen.
Muzzle loader, a few.
Bow, several, all with recurve.
Handgun, several with .41 mag (whitetail and muley), two with 10mm Delta Elite (from tree stand @ ~20 yds), several with TC Contender in 7/30 Waters.
H-D motorcycle, ALMOST, several times.
Car/truck, none, and I don't want to.

Been huntin' 'em and eatin' 'em for for 40+ yrs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Muzzle Loader - 209 X .50 Encore

Rifle - Encore 30-06

Shotgun - 11-87 slug barrel, open sights

Bow - Diamond
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Centerfire rifle, rimfire rifle,  MZ, Xbow, compound bow, shotgun, knife, rock, truck.....

9 it looks like

Still need to kill one with a handgun.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Bow
Muzzleloader
Knife
Car
Big log (wounded deer)
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Rifle
Boat
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Bow,Muzzleloader,Rifle and Handgun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Muzzleloader
Shotgun
Pistol
Crossbow
Rifle

Working on compound bow, recurve bow and pistol caliber rifle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Just rifles and different calibers.  My wife killed three in one night with her Honda, she likes to remind me of that when I don't bring home a deer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Rifle, pistol, revolver, shotgun, muzzle loader, bow, and crossbow.  I've hit one with the truck, but it ran off so I won't call it a kill.

I've had lots of them die of old age too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#16]
pistol
bow- compound
bow- recurve
rifle
shotgun
BP traditional
BP modern
spear with a flint head

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#17]
12GA
Bow - although I never recovered the 2 I killed with the bow
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Rifle

Shotgun

Handgun

Muzzleloader (rifle & handgun)

Bow - compound

Car

Hoping to add Bow - recurve to the list this year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Only one so far, and with a car

I'm hoping to add bow, rifle and/or shotgun to the list this year!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Bow
Muzzleloader
Shotgun
Rifle
Pistol
Car and truck
And finished a lot off with a knife.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rifle
Boat
View Quote

You can't post that and not tell the story.  Come on!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Been hunting deer for almost 50 years (1964 was my 1st rifle season, I was 14).

killed the most by far with a rifle (including muzzleloaders), but also killed them with a handgun (11), bow (3 bucks, no does)...

... and 5 with a GMC pick-up

I've shot deer with an original Springfield Trapdoor, Savage 110 - .30-06, Remington 742 - .308, Marlin 336 - .35Rem, Marlin 1895G - .45-70, Traditions .50  Hawken, Ruger Blackhawk - .45 Colt, Dan Wesson .44mag, Mathews Z-Max bow.... but never an AR type rifle. Hopefully that'll change this year, when I hunt with a .450 Bushmaster for the 1st time.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

bow,shotgun, rifle, pistol, .22 rifle, .22 pistol, truck bumper and I've witnessed one long crowbar by a city cop who really couldn't shoot in the downtown location at 1am.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Rifle - Lots 35+
Shotgun - Lots 20
Muzzleloader - one
Car - 1 Honda Civic too
Bow - only clean misses

And while not driving Im sure I saw one get whacked in Alaska by the cruise ship I was on.  For real.....
Saw it swim right into the side of the ship
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Rifle
Muzzleloader

Maybe handgun one day
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#28]
chinese water torture
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
chinese water torture
View Quote

Not in gd.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Rifle
Handgun
Shotgun
Bow
Car
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Pontiac

Hoping to add bow soon, this will be my third season of deer hunting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
pistol
bow- compound
bow- recurve
rifle
shotgun
BP traditional
BP modern
spear with a flint head

View Quote

story please.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I lost track of how many I've taken with a rifle, most with 30-06 but the early ones with a 30-30. There were 3 that fell to a slug from an 870 in Illinois, 2 more from a .50 caliber muzzleloader and 2 more up there with a bow. I think I have 15 bow kills total and 5 or 6 with the muzzle loader  Used a Ford truck on a couple and killed a fawn with my bushhog, that one bothered me a little and made one hell of a mess. Never tried hunting with a pistol but I usually carry my .357 revolver and have dispatched a few with it that weren't quiet dead enough.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Rifle
Shotgun
Muzzleloader
Pistol
Crossbow

Soon to add recurve bow...I hope

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

story please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pistol
bow- compound
bow- recurve
rifle
shotgun
BP traditional
BP modern
spear with a flint head

story please.

I did it along time ago and it rocked. I've killed a couple with the same spear with a clovis type point on a 5 foot spear I made out of bodar'c.
once from a tree stand about 12 ft up. I had a good run about 5-7 yards in front of me with good brush down low.  she stopped and was milling around eating acorns all around. I noticed her at about 30 yard and brought the spear up into position and just waited. I left her get past me for a quartering away throw and let it rip. it hit her further back that what I expected and I saw it go in about 10 -12 inches and the spear stuck in her while she was kicking her back legs up. the spear was just bobbing all over the place. she died about 20 ft from where I hit her. the wound looked like I stuck a chain saw into her chest from the combination of her movements and the size of the spear point ( about 4 inches long by 2.5 inches wide.

the other one was on the same deer run the next year and I was hunting off the ground. I threw it at a 2x2 from around 5 yards from basically the same body position and it hit further to the side and it cleaved off the shoulder blade and nicked the heart and lungs and he ran away on 3 legs stumbling all over the place for about 30 yards. both times the flint and spear were highly efficient.

my BIL naps flints and stone and his making me some decent arrow points to try out. I will probably make me an indian type bow to sling them.

I have used a knife blade he made to skin a deer and it was awesome.

I killed a hog and a deer with that Cold Steel point and both times the wounds were massive, but I liked the flint points better due to the fact I threw them better. it took me a couple of years practicing to get the confidence I needed to hunt with them. one thing I realized is that the throw doesn't really have to be archery type accuracy, just anywhere on the chest. I never really thought about it until I visited the Natural History Museum down in Norman and they have the mastodon and Clovis(?) people display. after looking at it, I told myself - I could kill something with a spear. I knew I could do it because a friend of mine in college threw a XX75 aluminum tipped with a Zwickey Black Diamond at a doe right below him while he was in a treestand and it penetrated and killed her somehow.

if you ever want some fun, make an atl-atl.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#36]
About 20 years ago I was heading back to grandparents house from deer camp had a buck run out in front of me.  Dodged Deer, Deer hit fence, bounced back ran down side of fence and car.  I reached down on the floor for ball pen hammer.   Reached out window, hit deer with hammer. Killed deer.  End of story.

Ball pen hammer  
Ruger Mini 14
AR15  
1883 Springfield

WOLF
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I did it along time ago and it rocked. I've killed a couple with the same spear with a clovis type point on a 5 foot spear I made out of bodar'c.
once from a tree stand about 12 ft up. I had a good run about 5-7 yards in front of me with good brush down low.  she stopped and was milling around eating acorns all around. I noticed her at about 30 yard and brought the spear up into position and just waited. I left her get past me for a quartering away throw and let it rip. it hit her further back that what I expected and I saw it go in about 10 -12 inches and the spear stuck in her while she was kicking her back legs up. the spear was just bobbing all over the place. she died about 20 ft from where I hit her. the wound looked like I stuck a chain saw into her chest from the combination of her movements and the size of the spear point ( about 4 inches long by 2.5 inches wide.

the other one was on the same deer run the next year and I was hunting off the ground. I threw it at a 2x2 from around 5 yards from basically the same body position and it hit further to the side and it cleaved off the shoulder blade and nicked the heart and lungs and he ran away on 3 legs stumbling all over the place for about 30 yards. both times the flint and spear were highly efficient.

my BIL naps flints and stone and his making me some decent arrow points to try out. I will probably make me an indian type bow to sling them.

I killed a hog and a deer with that Cold Steel point and both times the wounds were massive, but I liked the flint points better due to the fact I threw them better. it took me a couple of years practicing to get the confidence I needed to hunt with them. one thing I realized is that the throw doesn't really have to be archery type accuracy, just anywhere on the chest. I never really thought about it until I visited the Natural History Museum down in Norman and they have the mastodon and Clovis(?) people display. after looking at it, I told myself - I could kill something with a spear. I knew I could do it because a friend of mine in college threw a XX75 aluminum tipped with a Zwickey Black Diamond at a doe right below him while he was in a treestand and it penetrated and killed her somehow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pistol
bow- compound
bow- recurve
rifle
shotgun
BP traditional
BP modern
spear with a flint head

story please.

Just so you know.

This is the kind of post/story I have my kids read.

VERY cool.

Thanks for sharing !  
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#38]
doubletap
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Rifle
Pistol
Shotgun
Bow
Knife
Log...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#41]
rifle
hammer - a lady hit the deer and it was suffering, and my knife was dull.
F-150
F-250
horse trailer - the deer ran right into the side and went under the wheels
Oldsmobile Alero - the herd was crossing the road when I came around a corner.  Took out 3 deer and killed the car too.

* I live in Wyoming
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just so you know.

VERY cool.

Thanks for sharing !  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pistol
bow- compound
bow- recurve
rifle
shotgun
BP traditional
BP modern
spear with a flint head

story please.

Just so you know.

VERY cool.

Thanks for sharing !  

my neighbors look at me odd when the AtlAtl comes out. I'd like to see just how deep that bad boy will penetrate. I need to go try and kill a big hog with it just to see what it will do. my son who is almost 14 and I go all out for primitive weaponry and skills like snaring and netting. my boy can throw a tomahawk better than anyone I have ever seen. the one thing I have always been impressed by arrows points and spear points is how easy a cut to tip point will penetrate hide. get an old aluminum arrow and put a tip like a Magnus or Zwickey on it and put it in the truck ( with a broadhead sheath on it). the next time you kill a deer, don't gut it. just hold it about 3 feet above the chest and drop it. I bet you get rib penetration just from the force of gravity and the cutting edge with out the force of throwing.
the flint heads are the same way, be very careful with them. you'll cut a dick off, if your not paying attention. they don't look sharp from 2 feet away, but you'll cut yourself touching it.

I still remember when I  my first hunting bow was delivered COD in 1983. a brand new state of the art PSE, I was 13 and when I opened it my father asked what I had bought. we he saw he flipped out and these words came out of his mouth " Why wuuuuld anyone want to fling an arrerrr at a deer when they have 25 perfectly good rifles in the closets, pure crazinessssssss". since 1983 , I've been hunting and killing them with everything I can think of.

get your kids some flint napping books and make some spears. I'm pretty sure you can legally hunt hogs and cats with them ( just don't take pictures of the cats).
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
rifle
hammer - a lady hit the deer and it was suffering, and my knife was dull.
F-150
F-250
horse trailer - the deer ran right into the side and went under the wheels
Oldsmobile Alero - the herd was crossing the road when I came around a corner.  Took out 3 deer and killed the car too.

* I live in Wyoming
View Quote

I've had to use a Easton Black Magic before. like a scene out of GoodFellas.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#44]
bow
30-30
12ga
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Still waiting to hear the story about the boat....
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Still waiting to hear the story about the boat....
View Quote

I've seen guys do it. they come across one swimming and will power to it and grab its head and cut the throat usually. I've seen it 2x, and they people in other boat were bold about it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Rifle primarily for hunting though I shit one with 00 buck once.

Wounded deer from vehicular incidents I once used a handgun, another time a Kershaw Leek pocket knife  since it was in city limits and by the airport.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:17:05 AM EDT
[#48]
1 rifle. Winchester model 94 30-30.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Slugs from 12 & 20 gauge shotguns, recurved bow, .454 Casull from a Rossi M1892 lever action and .54 Hawken black powder rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
1 rifle. Winchester model 94 30-30.
View Quote

all class. my favorite rifle to hunt with. I have a Winchester 30-30 with XS tritium sights and a model 94 big bore .444 with XS tritium sights and both rigs are phenomenal shooters.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top