Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 4:15:48 AM EDT
Looking at buying a budget rangefinder. Which one and where to buy? I saw a Halo I believe at Academy for ~$100. Anyone have experience with that? I think 500 yards is all I need.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for a response.

I've been looking at the Halo's and most people seem to complain that they are made in China. The Nikon Aculon is also on my radar. It's a little more expensive but not waterproof. I just don't know enough to know what I need to be looking for.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Natchez Shooters Supply had reconditioned Nikon 550's for about $120.  Picked one up myself in the spring for groundhog hunting and it works just fine.

Nikon range finders
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I found the Halo on Academy website listed at $99 I believe and good for 600 yards. Said range is within 1 yard.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up the nikon 550 from Natchez too. They also got bushnell the truth for 130
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top