Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 2:03:40 PM EDT
If I find one close to me, similar to this, and in the condition as this, I would stick my head inside...

1989 Classic FBI Surveillance Van
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
broke ass lynx 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a red cross SUV a few years ago that had a bunch of radios and a pneumatic mast for sale. Was pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Depending on how much is going to hit how big of a fan...
tracked

or

street drivable
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
  That problem with a Pinz is it won't go fast enough to out run anything.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Chrysler Town and Country with Stow and Go.  Ours has more tucked away storage than I ever use.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
  That problem with a Pinz is it won't go fast enough to out run anything.
View Quote
Since you're not even going to out run a state police helicopter with anything that can go off of asphalt slow and hard to find is a better plan if you're being chased.
And your pursuers may even have drones out looking for you.
And even the hottest land vehicle is not going to outrun a Motorola.  Didn't you learn that as a teenager?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Chrysler Town and Country with Stow and Go.  Ours has more tucked away storage than I ever use.
View Quote
This! The wife's former grand caravan had more storage than I could ever fill with clandestine radio stuff!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#9]
In reality, my Jeep TJ will haul everything I own as far as portable radio equipment, however...

An SCR-299 would be awesome!

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I can stuff an HF and dual bander into a compact truck, jeep, or civic.

Hand me that TARHEEL II

It doesnt take much
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I've kinda always wanted to get a deuce-and-a-half with a box on the back and turn it comms truck.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Several months ago, the old Chicago Fire Department Command Center from O'Hare (2-7-8) was for sale on Craigslist. I know a couple of ham buddies that actually checked it out as a possible club vehicle. The seller was asking too much according to them. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top