Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2017 12:04:11 AM EDT
Tell him you are using a digital radio and sending CW thru a USB keyboard!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL.

I also discovered a trick to get the computer CW operators off the air. Switch to a straight key and stretch the "dahs" a little bit. Works every time cause their computers fail to copy properly. LOL. Works every time. Try it. It's very easy to tell if they are using a computer to send and many use it to receive too (except contests).
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Ha!

I've often wondered how many of those tasty DX stations weren't coming back to my massive 100 Watt signal because their PC's couldn't copy me
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL.

I also discovered a trick to get the computer CW operators off the air. Switch to a straight key and stretch the "dahs" a little bit. Works every time cause their computers fail to copy properly. LOL. Works every time. Try it. It's very easy to tell if they are using a computer to send and many use it to receive too (except contests).
View Quote
If I get goofy copy faster than I can decode and CWskimmer doesn't decode it I just look at the trace in the scope and sort it out...easy.

I also like to vary my speed in fldigi with the up and down buttons during an over just to throw off the scent.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL.

View Quote
Bugs work even better, especially when you add the "banana boat swing" to your fist.
Unfortunately, too many bug users do this when they're too lazy to readjust the weight for slower speeds.

This will really get them going...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHyPo9wObY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top