Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 12:46:03 PM EDT
is anyone aware of a Commercial Builder of Ham Radio EMCOMM boxes for ARES use?  Local EMA wants to buy 'something' and I'm not interested in Another job!

thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Most anything I know of would cost enough to make you un busy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
it's the .gov, they spend money to fix problems if you know someone plz share
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.qsradio.com/shop-now.html#!/c/0/inview=category8424428&offset=0&sort=normal
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
How much are they willing to pay?

What exactly are they looking for? VHF/UHF? HF? Computer interface included? What kind of power source? MIL-Spec? Antennas included?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#5]
No, but I've got great ideas for how I'd build them.  Been thinking about it for a while.

Color coded Pelican-esque cases.

Red cases = power.

Red case / yellow stripe = 12V battery packs with external weather tight connectors for power input (from solar controller case or external chargers) and power output to radios.

Red case / blue stripe = power conditioning / solar controllers / etc.  Voltage boosters would be in this case.  Could also contain 120VAC UPS units for line conditioning gensets.

Blue cases = VHF / UHF

Blue case / yellow stripe = 2m / 70cm radios.  External weather tight connectors for power and RF.

Blue case / tan stripe = VHF / UHF RF cables and antennas.

Yellow cases = HF stuff

Yellow case / blue stripe = HF radios.  External weather tight connectors for power and RF.

Yellow case / tan stripe =  HF RF cables and antennas.

Black case can be ARES go-bag stuff and common supplies.

And etc.

Something like those Ridgid or DeWalt cases that can be hooked together would be super cool.  Grab a power, radio, and antenna, hook them together, and load them into a vehicle.  They even have wheeled bases that the other cases can stack on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Commercial/Governmental Grade por favor

maybe $2k/box
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Like these?
PodRunner
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Commercial/Governmental Grade por favor

maybe $2k/box
View Quote
Radios not included,  I assume?  What do they wang in the box?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:44:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I will ask our EM if I can get a list of what they put together for go kits they are fairly simple.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Radios not included,  I assume?  What do they wang in the box?
View Quote
Sorry but I laughed at wang in the box
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:57:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sorry but I laughed at wang in the box
View Quote
Darn tablet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#12]
MFJ make a couple for the 706/7000 series Icoms. Of course it has a 0.0/5 rating on eham so...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top