Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 11:16:49 PM EDT
I finally achieved my personal goal of 5 Band DXCC.

I started chasing DX back in March of 2010 after upgrading to General Class. My only antenna has been a ZS6BKW.....nothing more than an optimized version of the much maligned G5RV.

I am very pleased with reaching this milestone with nothing more than a wire in a tree.

Many hours were spent in the chair chasing those elusive DX stations to get them in the logbook and confirmed.

Tonight I received my final QSL confirmation for my 100th 80m DXCC contact. I now have DXCC confirmed on eight bands from 80m through 10m.

Life is good.

Next year I will start my quest for DXCC on the "Top Band" 160m. That just might take me a little a while longer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! Was it with CW, SSB or both?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, congrats!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Congrats! Was it with CW, SSB or both?
View Quote

Its a mix of both modes and a few digital contacts. Here of late CW has been my go to mode of operation for chasing DXpeditions and hard to reach places.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its a mix of both modes and a few digital contacts. Here of late CW has been my go to mode of operation for chasing DXpeditions and hard to reach places.
View Quote

CW will be your "go to" mode if you plan on getting a DXCC on 160 meters. It's simply amazing, how effective CW mode is.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

CW will be your "go to" mode if you plan on getting a DXCC on 160 meters. It's simply amazing, how effective CW mode is.
View Quote

When all you have is a wire in a tree.....CW is the mode to use.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS

Man, that's a great accomplishment covered in a short amount of time... especially considering a wire in a tree :)

How many total DXCC Mixed do you have now?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You're pretty much the person who got me interested in chasing DX and awards - Thanks and Well Done!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:30:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS

Man, that's a great accomplishment covered in a short amount of time... especially considering a wire in a tree :)

How many total DXCC Mixed do you have now?
View Quote

Thanks....it's been fun and my total as of today is 280 worked with 272 confirmed.  

Hopefully I hope I can get those stragglers confirmed and work some new ones before Spring.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You're pretty much the person who got me interested in chasing DX and awards - Thanks and Well Done!  
View Quote

Thanks!!

I am the best worst example of a DX hound to be sure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When  all you have is a wire in a tree.....CW is the mode to use.
View Quote

A tree??????? You have a tree to put the wire in???????  

Some guys have it all.

If it weren't for CW, I wouldn't have shit.  

Actually, I still don't have shit (and probably never will).
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats, K9-Bob!  That's fantastic!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome! I can appreciate the time put in working all those stations. Im a little over 200 now in LoTW, & have a few cards from others ill get credited some day.

I hit the dreaded DX wall around 165 for a good while (even when bands were better), but CW has allowed me to keep chasing. It's the ultimate DX mode.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

I haven't submitted my new contacts yet, because I still have a few more paper QSL cards to get verified by the ARRL card checker.

I have come a long way since my first DX contact back in 2010.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A tree??????? You have a tree to put the wire in???????  

Some guys have it all.
View Quote

When I was your age we didn't HAVE any trees!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When I was your age we didn't HAVE any trees!
View Quote

When you were his age you were making DX with smoke signals.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top