Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2016 4:21:56 AM EDT
Will take the PRC 320 with me and run guerrilla portable.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Which lines? PRC or Noo Yawk?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Connecticut?

Quoted:
Will take the PRC 320 with me and run guerrilla portable.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
PRK?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which lines? PRC or Noo Yawk?
View Quote

If the section of the latter, let me know where you're going...LawnGuyLand, NooYawk that is!

Bill
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#5]
MA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MA.
View Quote

YPB.

Business or pleasure?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

YPB.

Business or pleasure?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MA.

YPB.

Business or pleasure?

Reconnaissance patrol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Reconnaissance patrol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MA.

YPB.

Business or pleasure?

Reconnaissance patrol.
Let us know.  Hopefully with October approaching, signals will get better.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple of years ago my spotter and I were on out bellies overlooking Mayflower in Plymouth and semi hidden when we were outed by a little old lady birdwatcher type. Before she got too close we packed up fast and I put a rag over the license plate to add to the suspicious behavior and we drove off to another spot where we could see the first spot and hid.

Sure enough, a couple of cruisers showed up and we got to watch a genuine New England birdwatcher type being very animated when she told the police about the pair of suspicious types she spotted.

That's when we went on somewhat of a rampage of setting up publicly in parking lots, etc and breaking down after a quick QSO or even before we could field one. Bam! Bam! Bam! In and out!

Then we went home and continued with fixing dinner.

I wish we had a scanner.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A couple of years ago my spotter and I were on out bellies overlooking Mayflower in Plymouth and semi hidden when we were outed by a little old lady birdwatcher type. Before she got too close we packed up fast and I put a rag over the license plate to add to the suspicious behavior and we drove off to another spot where we could see the first spot and hid.

Sure enough, a couple of cruisers showed up and we got to watch a genuine New England birdwatcher type being very animated when she told the police about the pair of suspicious types she spotted.

That's when we went on somewhat of a rampage of setting up publicly in parking lots, etc and breaking down after a quick QSO or even before we could field one. Bam! Bam! Bam! In and out!

I wish we had a scanner.

View Quote

Fun stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fun stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish we had a scanner.

Fun stuff.

Adding excitement without danger. Well done.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wish we had a scanner.

View Quote

I can imagine a cop asking Piccolo "What's going on here?"
Piccolo: "You mean, you haven't HEARD??"
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can imagine a cop asking Piccolo "What's going on here?"
Piccolo: "You mean, you haven't HEARD??"
View Quote

In New York last summer I had a cop pull up to me in a rest area and ask me what I was doing.

"Talking to some guy in Nevada."

"You a ham?"

"Yes, I am."

"I worked with a couple of you guys further upper state a few years back and you guys were pretty good at getting messages through for people. Have fun>" and he drove off.

Once a cop from the next town over pulled up on me and asked what I was doing. I told the ham I was talking in Iowa to that the cops were pulling up on me.

Before the cop could say anything, I held out the handset and said, "It's for you!"

He got out and picked up the handset, pushed the button and asked "WHat's going on here?"

I guess the ham in Iowa explained where he was and what was going on because the cop handed me back the handset and said, "I'll be damned. Iowa." and shook his head and walked off.

I do believe cops are happy to meet hams because we're actually DOING something fun and worthwhile instead of causing trouble.

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I always get a kick out of reading about your adventures!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm a short NVIS skip away...
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Photo from Pic's last behind enemy lines adventure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/l/kc5pl/Getty_122711_Cheetah.jpg

Photo from Pic's last behind enemy lines adventure.
View Quote

IIRC we made a QSO when I was in Utica NY using the 2.5 meter whip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top