Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 4:53:08 PM EDT
...0000-0200Z Aug 24 2016.   DETAILS HERE
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there, if the predictions hold true, and storms clear out.  

Between the SKCC, NAQCC, and Flying Pigs, I'm getting plenty of CW contest time.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#2]
For once the forecast for rain here is just about 0%.

But then there's solar flares...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Weather looks good here.

I'll probably lay out the home brew EARCHI antenna in the backyard, and pull it up in the air about an hour into the sprint.  That will give me 40 meters, and maybe even 80 meters.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm hearing a lot of activity around 14.050, but with QSB. I've worked stations in CA, QC and OK in the past 20 minutes.

Finished the shelf for my other desk, so hope to have the Elmac twins on soon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Either 20 complete folded just as SKS started or they were skipping over me. I worked 4 stations in the first 11 minutes then called for about 10 minutes with no takers so moved to 40. There was plenty of activity on 40 and 80, but 80 was running an S7 noise level here.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
20 meters was rocking out, here.  I started calling CQ at the start of the sprint, and got answers for the next two hours.  Non-stop action.  I even worked an Arfcom member (Prosise   ).  

I had the EARCHI antenna laid out in the backyard, but never bothered to hoist it up in the air.  

Edit:  It got confusing, when I was calling CQ, and AF2Z, and AF3Z answered at the same time.  Took a couple of minutes to straighten that one out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top