Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2016 10:23:29 PM EDT
http://aprs.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/

And go! 2 meters is up and the water is fine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

http://aprs.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/

And go! 2 meters is up and the water is fine.
View Quote
Houston to KC...that's impressive for 2 meter ducting.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty good opening on the east coast today.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hearing South central Wis, and Wichita, KS tonight.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Is most of this traffic on repeaters or SSB?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is most of this traffic on repeaters or SSB?
View Quote

Or FM?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't gone looking at ssb. Then again I dont have my antenna set for it either.
Just looking on FM simplex and a couple distant repeaters.
Heard one guy from whichita pop in on a net going on in lincoln, neb. After I had checked in. Surprised the hell out of net control. I hope the bands are up tonight.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I haven't gone looking at ssb. Then again I dont have my antenna set for it either.
Heard one guy from whichita pop in on a net going on in lincoln, neb. After I had checked in. Surprised the hell out of net control. I hope the bands are up tonight.
View Quote

There's a guy who runs 3 stacked beams in the vertical position on 2 meters. He also runs  400 watts. I forget what the antennas where but they had a ton of gain. His hobby is looking for repeaters.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There's a guy who runs 3 stacked beams in the vertical position on 2 meters. He also runs  400 watts. I forget what the antennas where but they had a ton of gain. His hobby is looking for repeaters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats probably N0MUA in Coffeyville, KS. He runs a pair of stacked (4 total) 12 element each cushcraft beams. With his amp he gets out 375+ watts. I've worked him a few times on .52 He's almost a easy one to get. If you can hear him  S2-3 or better, and can push out a good 50 watts, he probably can hear you.

Sadly 2 isn't up tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top