Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:30:51 PM EDT

What are your radio choices for best portable SHTF bugout,
go box, backpack HF Ham radios?

Criteria: SHTF, Bugout, small, lightweight, affordable, (on
a tight budget here), all bands, all modes, general coverage receiver, capable
of 100W output. (the all bands aspect is desirable but not a deal breaker)

Initial thoughts:

Yaesu FT 857D – 4.5/5.0 eham.net rating

Icom IC706MkIIG – 4.4/5.0

Icom 7000 – 4.3/5.0

Yaesu FT 897D – 4.6/5.0

Any other brands or models have a place in this role? IC-718?

What are your thoughts on discontinued items that may or may
not have parts/repair support later?

What
is your opinion on the best setup – Go box, backpack, detachable go box/frame
on backpack?

Antennas:

Thoughts on Buddistick vs Alpha EZ Military

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Listen to Fo Time Podcast? we kidna talk about stuff like that....sometimes

you left the IC 703 & FT 817 off the list....

Lotsa Options...check our our EMCOMM Box Thread to get the juices flowing.

I'm not planning on leaving the farm.  but if I have to I guess I'll take my Big Green Box....

ETA: if all bands isn't a 'die-for' then go with 2 rigs...look at the IC-7200 Black Friday Deals will be Sub-$800

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of your list my advice is the 897. With a bit of work (do you own a hacksaw and drill, and about 10 bucks worth of aluminum you can build something like this:) I've got a whole thread on it somewhere back in the archives if you want to go look.

The high points to 897 are.

INTEGRATION! YAY no giant messes of cables everywhere, or at least fewer of them.
Durability: Its about as good as it gets for ham world, but compared to military or commercial rigs it sucks.
Internal Batts (brew your own and its way cheaper/more flexible)
100W power if need be.
Bolt on ATU (yes physically attached)
All band/all mode.

Also there is more recent thread on an "upgunned" FT817 setup I run that can do up to 50W. it has the advantage of being lighter and maybe or maybe not cheaper. But for SHTF, it has lower power consumption by about a factor 3.

Ultimate 817!

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Also to answer your questions more directly...

My 897 has been reliable (and I bought it used/abused/lightly broken) and I use it backpack portable quite a bit and it hasn't broken since I bought it and fixed it. But it is discontinued. But there are shops that usually will work on discontinued models for quite a few years after. Honestly as long as you don't abuse the 897 too much I think it should work for a long time.

Antennas.
I use the buddistick/pole as my vertical antenna on the 897 it works well, easy to switch bands and so forth once you have it setup, plus the ATU tunes it anyway. I would "homebrew" the buddistick if you can, I'd get the extended shock corded whips to get more length if you can. Much like the bedroom, when it comes to antennas size does matter.

I would go with a wire dipole kit as well, or one that could be used as an endfed. That can be a very lightweight wire setup and will produce vastly superior results compared to the short verticals you have mentioned.

From what I've seen of the EZ military It seems like it would perform less well than a modified buddistick at a higher cost so I'd advise against it, but other guys here seem to like theirs.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
As with everything else, define SHTF.  Is it:

1. Power outage/regional disaster?
2. Emergency evac due to natural disaster?
3. TEOTWAWKI (civil breakdown, global disaster, etc)?
4. Foot or vehicle?

The response depends on your definition.  

Even though you mentioned bugout, bear in mind that all radios run on 12v.  In the event of a regional disaster or power outage, a homebrewed battery backup is more that adequate.  I have friends that run strictly off of a few car batteries charged via solar panels.  $$$ but completely independent of shore power.

In the event of emergency evac (#2), you're probably in a vehicle so the Yaesu 897D is a great choice.  100w power and internal batteries as others have mentioned will get you anywhere you need to be.  The "cost" to it is size and weight.

If it's on foot or TEOTWAWKI, I'd go wit the Yaesu 817ND.  It's smaller and lighter than the 897D.  Though it's only QRP (low power), it'll still get out with the right antenna and if nothing else, you'll be able to receive.

This leads to a bigger consideration which is the concept of disaster comms.  While it would be nice to get out to anywhere in the world reliably, a disaster requires local and regional comms.  VHF, UHF and NVIS comms IMO is far more important than DX comms.  To that extent, your power output needs can be reduced as you'll want comms out to a few hundred miles vs. a few thousand miles.  With this in mind, both the Yaesu 817ND and 897D are all-band with self-contained batteries.  All other radios either require external power, don't have HF, don't have VHF/UHF or are heavy/bulky.

As far as antennas, it again depends upon how you plan on moving.  If you have a vehicle, a Buddipole is a good choice as is a wire dipole with support rods.  If on foot, a Buddipole still works but can take up space.  You can also build/buy an endfed.  It's by far the most compact but requires a tuner and trees or similar to support the antenna wire.

FWIW, I'm going with the 817ND building something similar to the Harlikwin 817 thread.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I htink the IC-7200 should be on the list if the 897 is -- very similar form factor, just no integrated battery,
and the 897 isn't going to be 100W out on that battery, either.

As others said, the 817. (Or 817 + external amp.) You won't see 100W, but 45W is pretty common for the
externals.

The only rigs I'd consider backpack-friendly are the 817 and the KX2/3. (ETA: and the 703, but that'll have
to be used.)

Very happy with my buddiestick, but tuning is a pain. I hooked one up to a MFJ portable tuner on a tripod,
and it because amazingly easy to set up. But that's not backpack friendly either, though the buddiestick
is. If the AO has trees, I'd go with a portable tuner and a random wire, or one of the end-fed antennas.
No trees, buddiestick is the way to go.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I htink the IC-7200 should be on the list if the 897 is -- very similar form factor, just no integrated battery,

As others said, the 817. (Or 817 + external amp.) You won't see 100W, but 45W is pretty common for the
externals.

The only rigs I'd consider backpack-friendly are the 817 and the KX2/3. (ETA: and the 703, but that'll have
to be used.)

Very happy with my buddiestick, but tuning is a pain. I hooked one up to a MFJ portable tuner on a tripod,
and it because amazingly easy to set up. But that's not backpack friendly either, though the buddiestick
is. If the AO has trees, I'd go with a portable tuner and a random wire, or one of the end-fed antennas.
View Quote

Minor correction. With the factory batteries on the 897 you are limited to 20W. If you use that space with either LiPo's or 11xC cell NiMh batts (or both) then you can wire those directly to the main power on the back, and you can run as much power as you feel comfortable running. I routinely run 50W with that 897 portable, and I've tested it to 75W.

Also with the buddistick you shouldn't need a tuner, I only use one since its basically in line with everything else but I have the coil settings on each band setup to be nearly resonant.

Honestly for SHTF for NVIS you don't really "need" 100W power, but its nice in a pinch. I'd say 20-50W is generally good enough.

I will also add that 5W CW or data is plenty for regional comms and will make the most of any QRP radio.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my EZ military antenna.  I've worked Brazil, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, and the Patagonia region of Chile with it. Over 5k miles.  The antenna hears great as well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Also with the buddistick you shouldn't need a tuner, I only use one since its basically in line with everything else but I have the coil settings on each band setup to be nearly resonant.
View Quote

Oh, you don't need one, what I did was lose the coil and attach the antenna directly to the portable tuner -- this greatly increased the
speed of setup instead of playing with the coil and counterpoise length. It was just a means to be able to set up more rapidly.

I don't think MFJ makes it anymore, but I found the cute little 2-knob tuner actually made life a heck of a lot easier.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh, you don't need one, what I did was lose the coil and attach the antenna directly to the portable tuner -- this greatly increased the
speed of setup instead of playing with the coil and counterpoise length. It was just a means to be able to set up more rapidly.

I don't think MFJ makes it anymore, but I found the cute little 2-knob tuner actually made life a heck of a lot easier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but the point of the center loaded coil is to increase the efficiency of the antenna. By loosing it, or using a bottom loaded coil you will loose efficiency.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#10]
What about the Yaesu FT-991?  HRO has it on sale for around $1130. I'm really curious about this small transceiver.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What about the Yaesu FT-991?  HRO has it on sale for around $1130. I'm really curious about this small transceiver.

View Quote

In Episode 39 George tells us that he'd be cautious of taking the 991 into the field...he says it's much more fragile than the 897/857/817...YMMV
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd add another recommendation for the FT-897 with internal p/s. I have an FT857 and FT817ND as well.  FT857 if you want it to remain in/as part of & powered by your BOV.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In Episode 39 George tells us that he'd be cautious of taking the 991 into the field...he says it's much more fragile than the 897/857/817...YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, no personal experience with it, but that screen looks rather breakable. It looks more like something that might work well in a big padded emcomm case. Also I haven't seen any real numbers on power consumption but I bet its significantly higher on RX compared to the 897.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#14]
my 'go' radio is based on listening rather than talking.

I want to know what's going on but really don't want to participate.

=]

so I have the ft-817nd and ldg tuner in a tac-comm carrier.

it's a compromise on many fronts, but it's what I have atm.

'monkey
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#15]
PRC 320.

Self sufficient and tough.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
PRC 320.

View Quote

Looks inexpensive too. I wonder why it's not more popular?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PRC 320.

I own a 320 as well and I like the set for what it is. But you gotta get some things straight about green radios.

With the 320 Several Reasons I would hesitate to recommend one are:

First off, they aren't actually that inexpensive when you factor shipping from the UK into the bargain, add 1-200 bucks for that.
Secondly a standard set is USB only, you have to either modify it yourself to get LSB or pay someone to do it, again add 1-200 bucks for that. Thirdly, they are actually rather heavy compared to HAM sets, Depending on what you are hauling with it a PRC320 will weigh 15-25lbs. Fourthly, tuning around with them is kind of sucky with the knobs. Fifthly there isn't really any good way to interface them with a computer unless you are up for some DIY. Sixthly, how good are your 70's era radio repair skills? If it breaks you are gonna find out real quick as no one really fixes these radios, maybe if you can find someone in the UK.

That being said I love my USB only 320, its easy to use, durable and for SSB or CW it works quite well. Also unlike alot of sets out there you can still buy ancillaries for them but they are drying up compared to a few years back.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Makes sense to me! Being the noob I am, I should probably stick to Yaesu HFs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#19]
FWIW Mine has been altered to go USB and LSB.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Episode 3  Man-Pack / Mil-Pack Rigs and Operations-a crash course
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Episode 3  Man-Pack / Mil-Pack Rigs and Operations-a crash course
View Quote

Never mind the ums
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Minor correction. With the factory batteries on the 897 you are limited to 20W. If you use that space with either LiPo's or 11xC cell NiMh batts (or both) then you can wire those directly to the main power on the back, and you can run as much power as you feel comfortable running. I routinely run 50W with that 897 portable, and I've tested it to 75W.

Honestly for SHTF for NVIS you don't really "need" 100W power, but its nice in a pinch. I'd say 20-50W is generally good enough.

I will also add that 5W CW or data is plenty for regional comms and will make the most of any QRP radio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

externals.

to be used.)

This is only slightly related to the topic, but for the last 3-4 years I have spent Thanksgiving and a few days on either side of Thanksgiving at my sisters. I enjoy being there, but I get kind of board. So, being a ham, I set up a station, run the feedline in the living room window and I operate ham radio. While everybody else is huddled around the television, I can sit right there with everybody else and since I am a CW operator, I can work ham radio and not bother a soul.

This, like any event of it's kind, is a good chance to set up your portable/emergency gear and get some experience with it.

I am running a Elecraft KX1, a Buddipole, a PAR End Fedz dipole and a Kenwood TH-D72 HT.
I try to configure the Buddipole as something different every day. Yesterday, I made a 2 meter ground plane type antenna attempting to use a Winlink packet node to send an email...........didn't work. I couldn't connect. The closest node is over 25 miles away.

So on HF though I worked yesterday ON 40 METERS CW:   Martinique twice, Puerto Rico, Hungary, and Croatia. Power output ? Less than five watts into a dipole up about 20-25 feet in a tree.

Today, I am going to build a Buddipole 20 meter vertical.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Love my KX1, just wish I was better at CW.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So on HF though I worked yesterday ON 40 METERS CW:   Martinique twice, Puerto Rico, Hungary, and Croatia. Power output ? Less than five watts into a dipole up about 20-25 feet in a tree.
View Quote

It really is amazing how well CW works with low power.  I worked Suriname yesterday, with the K2 and 12 watts into my attic dipole.  Heck, with 20 watts, you can win a world war (short book about radio communications from behind enemy lines).
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Details?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Details?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details?

I paid a little extra to get one fixed that way by a retired UK Royal Signals tech.

When I run it normally it is on USB. When I turn the 'Battery Check switch on it becomes LSB. Actually it does dual duty, meaning it shows battery condition AND runs the rig LSB.

There are several ways it can be done, the easiest to use is a small toggle switch installed on the face plate.

The reason the Brits prefer to use the Battery check (along with a couple of other ways) is to keep the set looking original.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh don't forget about the USB/LSB offset when using the 320. It's like 2.3 kHz off the display freq, no idea what LSB is 1.6 maybe?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh don't forget about the USB/LSB offset when using the 320. It's like 2.3 kHz off the display freq, no idea what LSB is 1.6 maybe?
View Quote

2khz up for usb and 1.2 down for lsb
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It really is amazing how well CW works with low power.  I worked Suriname yesterday, with the K2 and 12 watts into my attic dipole.  Heck, with 20 watts, you can win a world war (short book about radio communications from behind enemy lines).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool story, I could read stuff like that all day.  Thanks for posting that link.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#30]
My kx3 is my go to.rig because of its ability to be modular.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Cool story, I could read stuff like that all day.  Thanks for posting that link.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post war in the 50s and 60s 5W CW spy radios about shoebox sized were used extensively by the CIA and various SF units, I like to think of the 817/KX3/KX1 are spiritual successors to those rigs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Another trail-friendly radio worthy of consideration is the Youkits HB-1B QRP CW Transceiver.  As others have mentioned here, 5 watts of CW works surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you like that one ,  pick up a copy of Two Eggs on My Plate, if you get a chance.  It's been out of print for years, but copies in good condition can be found.  It can be quite expensive, but sometimes (like now) copies can be found for a very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I heard that guy in Suriname and called him for a long time before I gave up.

Put up a 20 meter vertical this morning but have been too busy to mess with it after putting it together.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Another trail-friendly radio worthy of consideration is the Youkits HB-1B QRP CW Transceiver.  As others have mentioned here, 5 watts of CW works surprisingly well.
View Quote

I think OP is starting out and doesn't know CW. Also for SHTF I would want SSB as an option. Never know who you need to talk to. And in terms of QRP radios, the KX1 IMO is the best of the breed, especially for SHTF compared to the youkits.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think OP is starting out and doesn't know CW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, he should get started on it then.  

Quoted:
Also for SHTF I would want SSB as an option. Never know who you need to talk to.

That's fine.  All other things being equal, SSB requires more power to make the contact than CW does.  And power is often scarce during a SHTF situation.

Quoted:
And in terms of QRP radios, the KX1 IMO is the best of the breed, especially for SHTF compared to the youkits.

That's probably true, but the KX1 is a kit requiring construction, while the HB1B is factory-assembled.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's fine.  All other things being equal, SSB requires more power to make the contact than CW does.  And power is often scarce during a SHTF situation.

That's probably true, but the KX1 is a kit requiring construction, while the HB1B is factory-assembled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Also for SHTF I would want SSB as an option. Never know who you need to talk to.

Quoted:
And in terms of QRP radios, the KX1 IMO is the best of the breed, especially for SHTF compared to the youkits.

I totally agree that hams should know CW, but most HAMs at this point don't, it is what it is. My own CW skills aren't particularly grand since i don't have much time to do it but I keep at it when I can.

Yeah it does, but in a SHTF situation the station you might be trying to contact won't know CW (see above) same for data. It all depends on what you are trying to do and what the situation is but almost all radios can run SSB and all hams can use SSB.

You can get guys to build the kit for you if you are truly worried about it. Elecraft "kits" basically involve plugging boards together for the most part. The KX1 is not hard to build even for electronic novices such as myself. And in a SHTF situation I'd much rather have the option of running off AA batteries (available everywhere) rather than try to charge up the lithium that comes with the youkits kit (which BTW looks to have a much shorter runtime due to the much higher current consumption of the youkits offering.  Also the run-time of the KX1 on batteries is absurdly long, I've used it for a week on a backpacking trip and regretted hauling spare batts with me since I didn't need em. Anyhow, when I was researching it the youkits radio seemed great for mountaintopping and one day trips and it had a few extra bands, but the KX1 is was still smaller and lighter and had way lower current consumption by a good margin.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Before I counter the KX1, I do understand that you can get a 2m module, but...

In a true SHTF, local comms are just as important.  Now, you could carry a HT as well but now thats 2 radios with two sets of batteries, antennas, etc.  To pare it down, having one transceiver that is all band and self-contained is an advantage.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Before I counter the KX1, I do understand that you can get a 2m module, but...

In a true SHTF, local comms are just as important.  Now, you could carry a HT as well but now thats 2 radios with two sets of batteries, antennas, etc.  To pare it down, having one transceiver that is all band and self-contained is an advantage.
View Quote

Actually you are thinking of the KX3 which has ssb and everything else. the KX1 is a CW only reciever and fully upgraded covers 80-20m, but it can receive shortwave broadcasts/SSB. Total weight of the KX1 is like 1lb with all the trimmings including an internal tuner and its tiny, runs off a 6xAA cells.

On the whole carrying a SSB radio and a VHF FM rig, a VX-5R or similar is tiny, and lightweight. 2 radios also gives you some level of redundancy if one of them goes down.

As far as SHTF radios go, I actually think the 817 makes alot of sense IF you can actually take full advantage of its capabilities (and I'll be real blunt as to my opinion that a great many HAM's cannot), which means learning CW and having some reasonable antennas (yes plural) to use with it.  It has really low power consumption, can be run off of AA batts (lithium AA are of course preferred for a million reasons). The primary limitation is of course only 5W SSB, but 5W FM/CW/Data are fine. And depending on how you setup your kit it can be pretty good for around 5-6lbs total.

The KX3 has a some advantages compared to the 817 and disadvantages for SHTF (depending how you actually define SHTF).
In the minus column
1. High cost relatively speaking
2. No 440mhz, and the 2m module from what I hear isn't that great
3. Durability is significantly less than the 817
4. On internal batteries only 5W power (I actually wonder if using lithium AA's instead of NiMh can get you 10W, if some KX3 guy wants to chime in).

Plus collumn
1. Integrated tuner (you can have some flexibility with antennas and faster setup with non-resonant antennas)
2. 10W power out with external power
3. DSP/voice proc built in.

Also here is a link to my Ultimate 817 thread here
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:44:58 AM EDT
[#40]
For me HF & bug out would have to be a mobile of some sort installed in my vehicle.  If on foot I can think of many more important things to take up my weight.  If on foot I would consider something like a wide band RX unit that does AM/FM/SSB giving you the ability to monitor.

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-010670

Otherwise if for some reason I felt I had to pack along an HF rig I the biggest I would go would be an FT817ND.  Anything larger would be in the vehicle at which point a mobile setup of some type makes the most sense.  Now don't get me wrong I like man packs just as much as the next Arfcom Hammer but just be realistic about purpose and plans.    

A radio is one of those preposition at the BOL kind of items.  JMHO of course.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#41]
ZOMFG! That is exactly what I've been looking for! Do you have experience with it? How does it work on SSB receive on 80-10m?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ZOMFG! That is exactly what I've been looking for! Do you have experience with it? How does it work on SSB receive on 80-10m?
View Quote

What do you like about it more than the Kenwood TH-F6a?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That looks like it would work too. I basically need something ultra small/light to scan HF bands for activity as I have a few mil packs that basically can't scan around. I've been using my 817 for this but I want something smaller and lighter.

Is one more awesome with regards to scanning/tuning around HF bands than the other?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Tablet and SDR
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Why not a nice SSB SWL radio?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Icom-IC 703 and Yaesu- 897D
Both were engineered to run on batteries as the batteries slowly discharge.

That's All
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Yaesu makes a all-band HT scanner as well. If you're only concerned with monitoring or don't yet have your ticket (not that it would matter during a TEOTWAWKI event), you'll be hard pressed to not include one of these.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why not a nice SSB SWL radio?
View Quote

Weight less than 1lb and HT sized, send me link.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tablet and SDR
View Quote

Too heavy and bulky
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Too heavy and bulky
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tablet and SDR

Too heavy and bulky

Ooookkkk.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top