Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2015 4:57:55 PM EDT
I picked up a ASUS X205TA at Best Buy for 150 about a week ago to go with my KX3 (It's a small Windows 8.1 notebook)

I could just make up a simple cable but then thought maybe I should put a bit more effort and actually make some form of interface.

This will be for digital modes mostly.

I was curious as to what others are using.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
With my Windows tablet, I am using a Signalink USB.

There are plenty of other options, but I already had the Signalink.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope to solve this problem
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I just run the audio cables directly from the KX3 to the laptop. Is there something more I'm supposed to do?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just run the audio cables directly from the KX3 to the laptop. Is there something more I'm supposed to do?
View Quote

That way has worked in the past for me. The only issues I have is all your audio is then sent over the radio so "you have mail" is blasted of 20m. A USB soundcard can fix that issue. The VOX on the KX3 works well, but if you have the serial cable hooked up it can be used to key the radio.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My Lenovo x201 has audio line-in and stereo output. I plug the red and green banded cables directly into it. I run Slackware Linux on it and spend most of the time in fldigi or wsjt-x. Both of those programs work fine with the stock Elecraft USB serial cable and allow me to control the rig via HAMlib under Linux. I also have downloaded the source for kcomm, and plan on figuring out how to compile it under Slackware, because the Ubuntu package sucks, as does everything Ubuntu, but my Pascal is really rusty so it might be a bit. I also have tQSL on it and a few other programs I find handy. I use the older laptop because it seems to work better than my Carbon X1, and it is smaller and fits nicely in my pelican case with the radio. I use an Anker Astro Pro2 for power since it lets me run the radio at 10W. I haven't found a power supply I like yet that is both portable and quiet, so I stick with batteries. If you have the correct adapter for that battery, you could also charge your laptop but the stock cable fits the KX3 perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top