Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 10:08:01 PM EDT
For anyone applying for W1AW/WAS' just a heads up that the application is now online.

https://centennial-qso-party.arrl.org/centennial-application.php?form=w1aw
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool,  something else to spend money on (and I will).    
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked quite a few of them, but definitely not every state.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I worked quite a few of them, but definitely not every state.
View Quote

+1.
I once logged W1AW/P5 (Portable Five) into an electronic logger. I was reviewing my "Countries Worked" list and noticed, last year I had North Korea logged as a contact on 20 meters. Yea buddy, thanks W1AW/P5
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't bother.

I put a few of them in my logbook but only if they were interesting.

If it had been, for example, some time since I worked Wyoming and they were there I worked them.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I worked 14 of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I was able to work all 50 states and the territories.  I really enjoyed chasing those contacts.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really enjoyed chasing those contacts.
View Quote

Me too.

The fun thing about it, was that there was always someone to contact every time I turned on the radio.  No DX.....just go chase the ARRL stations.   I ended up having 496 QSOs with the W1AW/P stations, just because they were on the air all the time.  This year, the bands seem kind of quiet on most days.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My first ever QSO was the Centennial Party, Satellite (SO-50!).  And, the only QSO with that call.  So, I'm very interested in getting the card.  Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I would have kept logs of those stations. But alas, my rule is to not log when I'm mobile and alone in the car.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a heads up.....

If anyone has ordered the certificates, mine have arrived.   Got the points challenge certificate about a week ago, and the WAS certificate today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top