Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 4:40:08 PM EDT
TBS gave me an external speaker with a connector, like this:

But there are two jacks on my kenwood.

I've tried looking up a splitter/adapter, but no luck.

The ports are labeled 1 and 2.

I'm assuming each port is for each channel, so do I need to buy another speaker?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You only need 1.  You have the option of using both ports and having 1 speaker work on each receiver "left & right side"

If you use 1 speaker, plug it into the "1" jack.  You will hear both "side" come through the speaker.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You only need 1.  You have the option of using both ports and having 1 speaker work on each receiver "left & right side"

If you use 1 speaker, plug it into the "1" jack.  You will hear both "side" come through the speaker.
View Quote
Thanks so much!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is like my TM-732, you can plug in a single speaker more than one way.  Examples: if you plug in to #1, the internal speaker does 2m audio & the external does 70cm, if you plug in to only #2, the internal speaker is disconnected & both 2m & 70cm come out the external.  With two externals plugged in, one does 70cm & the other does 2m.

Nick
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If it is like my TM-732, you can plug in a single speaker more than one way.  Examples: if you plug in to #1, the internal speaker does 2m audio & the external does 70cm, if you plug in to only #2, the internal speaker is disconnected & both 2m & 70cm come out the external.  With two externals plugged in, one does 70cm & the other does 2m.

Nick
View Quote
I just tested it in slot 1 over 2m, and it works great. I didn't test the second channel though.

Now you've got me curious.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But there are two jacks on my kenwood...

View Quote

" my Kenwood" is a little generic.  On my TM-V71, if you plug a speaker into the speaker 1 jack only, both sides will be heard out of the speaker.  If a speaker is plugged into each port, they will work independently.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
" my Kenwood" is a little generic.  On my TM-V71, if you plug a speaker into the speaker 1 jack only, both sides will be heard out of the speaker.  If a speaker is plugged into each port, they will work independently.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That.  

This. But there is a menu setting to change whether you hear one side or both.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Needs a title change. Not a dumb question at all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I run two speakers on my Kenwood 710a. I have the speakers on top of my dash/ip, one on left one on right. They correlate to the left and right sides/bands on my radio. They
work pretty well, but I think the audio amp does not have enough power to run them both at the same time, sometimes. My speakers are 4ohms so that might be part of the problem.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a couple of Jetstream J-JTSP7 awhile ago. Currently only running one in my Jeep Patriot and it just sits in the back hooked up to my D710A. It sounds great and can be pretty loud when I crank up the volume. I need to figure out a place to mount it and the other one. I think when it finally warms up I'll get them mounted properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top