Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 4:01:00 PM EDT
I'll probably try it Sunday, when i get time

Its a pretty big upgrade ( feature wise )

Edited to add the following....

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/ts_590/ts590_update_e.html

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/ts_590/ts590_procedure_e.html

Updated items : (Version 1.08 2.00) [January 29, 2015]
 Updates the following feature.

1. Enables use of the new Split function for quick split operations.
Hold down the [SPLIT] key, and the “SPLIT” indicator blinks. When the [5] key is pressed, for example, the split setting will be completed as “5kHz Up”.

2. Enables the XIT frequency to be set while pressing [TF-SET] key when RIT is OFF in simplex mode.

3. Enables FINE function to be set to ON/OFF in each mode.

4. Enables display of the 1Hz frequency digit when the FINE function is turned on below 1MHz (except in transverter mode).

5. Enables the status of FIL A/B to be set separately for VFO A/B.

6. Enables use of the RX ANT in 50MHz band. The status can be set separately in HF and 50MHz band.

7. Enables the setting of RF output power independently in DATA mode. (RF output power in HF SSB-DATA/ FM-DATA, 50M SSB-DATA/ FM-DATA, HF AM-DATA, and 50M AM-DATA can be set independently).

8. Enables setting of the voice message’s PROC level and MIC gain separately from the setting of usual microphone input’s PROC level and MIC gain. (The optional VGS-1 is required)

9. Enables setting the RX equalizer / TX equalizer in each mode.

10. Enables deleting CW message memories by each memory channel.

11. Enables announcement of the type of the transmission meter.(The optional VGS-1 is required)

12. Enables announcement of the DRV OUT function ON / OFF status.(The optional VGS-1 is required)

13. Enables announcement of the RIT/XIT frequency.(The optional VGS-1 is required)

14. Enables reading the status of the optional VGS-1 (if installed in the TS-590S).

15. Enables back up of the status of the AI function ON/OFF.

16. Enables deleting Voice messages from a PC.
(Details of the above-mentioned PC commands are described in the revised "PC CONTROL COMMAND Reference Guide")

17. Revises the band memory [GENE] 2nd setting to 472kHz / CW.

18. Enables output of the 475kHz band (472~479kHz) signal from the rear panel DRV (drive output) connector as well as 135kHz band.

19. Reduces the minimum volume of the CW side tone and TX monitor.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No problem with it.  Not sure if I have exercised much of the new features, but the radio still works.   If you have channels stored, etc. Kenwood recommends you do the ARCP-590 update first (there is a new version to support 2.0) & store your settings for later re-installation.  The firmware update involves a system reset & I understand the memory map is different (?).   XP is not listed as one of the update OS, but it worked fine for me.

Nick
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm really interested in the new split/filter update

They say you can make your A VFO narrow....and your B VFO wide

This will be great for CW pileups

Narrow your receive ...but when you check the B VFO, its wide so you can figure out were the DX is listening/working
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to update mine as well this weekend.

Any of you guys experts with the rig, I figure I'm only using about 50% of the features.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't want my radio to be tied to a computer!

Good to see Kenwood rolling out some upgrades.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I saved my radio setup data, updated my COM port driver (I think it was already OK), then updated ARCP-590, then updated the radio firmware to 2.00, then re-loaded my radio setup data. Easy deal. Don't know what changed yet, haven't had time to actually use the radio.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]

so far,  so good.

these new features are cool as hell...

Hold down the [SPLIT] key, and the “SPLIT” indicator blinks. When the [5] key is pressed, for example, the split setting will be completed as “5kHz Up”.

5. Enables the status of FIL A/B to be set separately for VFO A/B.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to update this weekend if I get time. The new split features look handy. Glad everyone's update went smoothly.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Updates the following feature.

View Quote

So how do you work a split down?

Never-mind, think I figured it out.  

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I updated mine and works good so far.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top