Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 10:32:57 PM EDT
JBL LSR305's...

You know, you wouldn't think it would make a difference on 3KHz wide audio, but it does!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Your desk...it doesn't make sense to me, where are all the piles of junk and papers?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
He threw all of the junk in a box on the floor to take the photo.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Where's the sub?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
It really is that neurotically neat all of the time. Pathetic, yes, I know However you should see my workshop (separate room) when I'm building something

I'd love to get a sub, but an LSR310 costs more than the entire LSR305 setup I just got, including the stands, cables and foam speaker isolators. Maybe someday...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your desk...it doesn't make sense to me, where are all the piles of junk and papers?
View Quote

My thought too
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It really is that neurotically neat all of the time. Pathetic, yes, I know However you should see my workshop (separate room) when I'm building something

I'd love to get a sub, but an LSR310 costs more than the entire LSR305 setup I just got, including the stands, cables and foam speaker isolators. Maybe someday...
View Quote

Disconnect the tweeters and listen to your static go down.  I always wanted to do that and have an external switch to disconnect the tweeters.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#7]
They are the best value in entry home monitors hands down. I wish they made a smaller 8" sub. The 10 is HUGE!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My thought too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My thought too

The fact that you can see a desk is a foreign concept to me.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Y'all need an Arfcom mandatory ash tray and a cat sitting on your keyboard.
I want to hear how your new setup sounds. I've been thinking about trying ESSB on my ft3000. I just learned that TX bandwidth can be changed to 4kHz without any modifications. There are several menu settings I need to change and obviously I need to change parametric TX EQ settings . Right now it's set as a happy medium between ragchewing and DX-ing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thought too

He took that photo, and that is the one he will show for the next 5 years--that once in a lifetime shot before the stuff began to pile up.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I'm sure those monitors will be great.  To me the sub just makes listening so much less fatiguing.

Enjoying your OXT xmas gift?  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Now you can hear all that QRN in stereophonic high fidelity!

Just remember: "A clean desk is a sure sign of a sick mind" -- especially in a ham shack!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey! wait a minute....that looks like the Man Cave the Jedi was constructing (and has never shown finished)....

Looks (and I imagine, sounds) really nice!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Y'all need an Arfcom mandatory ash tray and a cat sitting on your keyboard.
I want to hear how your new setup sounds. I've been thinking about trying ESSB on my ft3000. I just learned that TX bandwidth can be changed to 4kHz without any modifications. There are several menu settings I need to change and obviously I need to change parametric TX EQ settings . Right now it's set as a happy medium between ragchewing and DX-ing.
View Quote

I've got the annoying Shack Cat, who, like any cat, absolutely has to jump into the space containing the microphone, mouse and keyboard and create havoc. Shack dogs, too

Looks like you can get 4KHz out of that FTDX3000. As for how it sounds, it is sounding much better to me. I can't honestly say it's $250 better, but I'm enjoying it very much.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm sure those monitors will be great.  To me the sub just makes listening so much less fatiguing.

Enjoying your OXT xmas gift?  
View Quote

Gary is a bad man, you know that, right? That DVD is so hot it burnt my fingers...

And for all you guys who can't keep up in the race to make your shack look like a scene from War Games, let me tell you it's even worse than you think. In the plans are selling the Flex 3000, buying an Anan, putting the radio part of the station into the basement and running the entire thing over Ethernet so that my shack will be even neater! I already have this beautiful equipment rack for the basement, with sides, back door and an awesome plexiglass front door...not joking here!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:17:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey, you stole my speakers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top