Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 12:04:15 AM EDT
Gents,
 I was wondering since the programming cables were the same for the Kenwood HT's and the UV5 are all of the accessories interchangeable as well?  Ie will a KW hand mike work in a Baofeng and vice versa?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes on spkr/mic.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
So in theory then a Peltor setup for Kenwood would work in a Chicom HT?  I know it seems weird to have several hundred in ear pro that hooks to a $30 radio.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So in theory then a Peltor setup for Kenwood would work in a Chicom HT?  I know it seems weird to have several hundred in ear pro that hooks to a $30 radio.
View Quote

Yep, it will work and it is weird.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Running Peltors with a PTT and a most CHICOM radios run into microphone impedance issues unless PTT or radio has been modified to account for the dynamic mic used in these radios. I don't own a Kenwood so I have no idea if they use a dynamic or electret mic. I do have a PTT for running a Beufeng with my Peltors and Sordins and works fine but it was ordered to specifically work with this combination. I also had an, Alanco DJ-580 that I really liked until it went tits up. This radio did not have the issue and an unmodified Peltor PTT for a top plug Icom worked great from the start. Just do your research so you know what your putting together. Some of these items can get pricey if your putting together some professional grade stuff.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Would you guys let me know what model Peltors you are using with the HT?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Running Peltors with a PTT and a most CHICOM radios run into microphone impedance issues unless PTT or radio has been modified to account for the dynamic mic used in these radios. I don't own a Kenwood so I have no idea if they use a dynamic or electret mic. I do have a PTT for running a Beufeng with my Peltors and Sordins and works fine but it was ordered to specifically work with this combination. I also had an, Alanco DJ-580 that I really liked until it went tits up. This radio did not have the issue and an unmodified Peltor PTT for a top plug Icom worked great from the start. Just do your research so you know what your putting together. Some of these items can get pricey if your putting together some professional grade stuff.
View Quote

Kenwood HT's require electret mics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top