Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 6:05:26 PM EDT

http://www.wolphi.com/

For less than $50+ shipping you can have SSTV, RTTY and PSK31/63 as well as view HF weather fax and a few others. it will work with android phones and tablets and even ICOM 703/706 radios.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Aww geeze. Now I'll have  to ditch my old analog phone and buy a smart phone.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

you could probably buy just an old samsung galaxy nexus and not even hook it up to service. you would only need WiFi and create a google account for the play store. im pretty sure everything is run from the software and no need for cell/WiFi service. the nexus can be bought for $50 or so.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice! Thanks for the info.

Would this Samsung Galaxy Centra work?
I already use TracFone so I could transfer my phone number.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
it should. the only down side i see about the app needed for PSK is its $5.49. that not a big price to pay to have a very portable PSK setup but still, its added cost over the price of the adapter. it would be nice if when you purchased the adapter that they offered one of the apps for free.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
it should. the only down side i see about the app needed for PSK is its $5.49. that not a big price to pay to have a very portable PSK setup but still, its added cost over the price of the adapter. it would be nice if when you purchased the adapter that they offered one of the apps for free.
View Quote

You can use the app without the adapter. In some cases it works better than the adapter due to no RFI issues with some of my gear.

I use this adapter alot with my various milpacks when I decide to run data or can't find anyone on voice and am too lazy for CW.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

you could probably buy just an old samsung galaxy nexus and not even hook it up to service. you would only need WiFi and create a google account for the play store. im pretty sure everything is run from the software and no need for cell/WiFi service. the nexus can be bought for $50 or so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps look in the EE, under ELECTRONICS, computer and networking.....  Might be one that's been for sale there for 3 days...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Perhaps look in the EE, under ELECTRONICS, computer and networking.....  Might be one that's been for sale there for 3 days...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I was running it off my old moto Droid1 untill I cracked the screen, then it became unusable due to RFI issues. You just need a wifi connection to get the app through the store, and then you are GTG.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty Cool.  I have been working on a similar project trying to hook  my SGC 2020 and an IPOD touch 32GB to work digital modes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Meh.

Can't type worth a crap on the phone or tablet.

Sticking with netbook and easy-digi interface for digi modes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Meh.

View Quote

You know you can get a physical keyboard for some tablets?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Yep, but I feel the netbook is working well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh.

I use a couple of different Bluetooth keyboards with android phones and tablets.  One has a built in touchpad, and the phones and tablets automatically start using a mouse cursor when you use the pad.  Pretty sweet for more intensive work than you want to do on a touch keyboard.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

I use an old Bluetooth keyboard for mine... Works well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top