Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 2:30:01 PM EDT
This group has outlived its purpose.   There is too much noise and not enough people helping anymore.

The minority of people who help each other are being run off by the hams who really are'nt interested in doing anything but causing trouble.

As of today, this group is closed.

HRD will never support 5.X anymore, there are no fixes, no nothing that will be done to it.

5.X will never be open source.

We have to focus on the paid userbase.  The yahoo group has become a distraction.

6.x peer to peer support is at the forums at http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com

Official 6.x support is at http://tickets.hrdsoftwarellc.com or by calling us at 813-654-3460.

Thanks to all who made this group what it was.  HRD appreciates you.

HRD Owners and Staff
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#1]
As an HRD free user, I can't blame them at all. Had I known about it when it was for sale the I may very well have bought the rights to it.
It's a decent program that could be a decent money maker with some changes.

They certainly don't need to be supporting the free version. I'm surprised there was any support at all to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
We knew this would eventually happen years ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the whole point of the paid version was technical support?

It is good software. The cost isn't unreasonable. If the free users won't be supported any more, then move on. No sense bitching about it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Where was that posted? I didn't see it come up in group digest.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where was that posted? I didn't see it come up in group digest.
View Quote

I copied it off the Yahoo Group before they pulled the plug.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:00:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Opps Double Tap.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#7]
That's unfortunate. I just downloaded HRD 5 two days ago. I will probably buy the paid version but I'm guessing 5 makes a great download. I didn't know there was a Yahoo group for it, for them to provide any support for a free/outdated version seems odd to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I just went back thru my deleted emails and the last digest I received was on the 26th. I guess I missed it somehow.

I was under impression that HRD was not the owners of that group. I do know a new group was formed and a lot of the files that had been posted were downloaded to the new group.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]
If anyone wants to join the new group that is not supported by HRD but by HRD users.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/hamradiodeluxe/info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top